Sewer Operation - TV Truck Specialist
Under the supervision of the Sewer Service Foreman, you will operate and maintain a TV truck and all related equipment including camera and its remote controls, float board, tractor, winch, and gas detectors.
• Locate and inspect sewer lines and manholes
• Perform dye tests, smoke tests, and filming of sewer lines, tapes and logs footage as needed
• Locate buried manholes and perform walking inspection of sewer lines too large to be filmed; enters manholes to perform physical inspection
• Reads record drawings, section sheets and construction maps
• Inspects new contractor sewer lines
• Maintain manual and automated records and logs with some ability to operate computers
• Schedules and coordinates TV Truck work schedules
• Operate equipment in accordance with established Authority safety rules, regulations, policies, and procedures; maintain and clean equipment properly
• Work as a member of assigned vehicle crews and assist with vactor and rodding operations
• May work all three shifts and perform activities and functions of related lower-level personnel
• Perform other related tasks as assigned or required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Considerable knowledge and understanding of sewer line functions
• Ability to demonstrate a high degree of skill in the operation and maintenance of a TV Truck and all related equipment
• Considerable knowledge of Authority safety rules and regulations governing the work, and equipment of traffic and other regulations governing vehicle operation
• Some knowledge of vehicle maintenance, city streets and geography
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, associates, and the Public
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The following requirements list the minimum education/training/experience required to qualify for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted.
• NASSCO certification covering PACP/LACP and MACP.
Performance and Immunization:
• Demonstrate the ability to independently operate the TV Truck and equipment listed aboveby the end of the 90-day probationary period.
• All employees working in the Sewer Group will be required to receive a series of vaccinations against disease. Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or prior to appointment. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment.
Applicant must have permanent residency in Allegheny County at time of appointment and remain a permanent resident throughout employment with the PWSA.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED / RECEIVED
No direct reports / Will receive supervision directly from the Sewer Service Foreman.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to operate a pickup truck, van and forklift, and related equipment. Perform normal physical range of motion for lifting, squatting, reaching, pulling, and carrying. The employee will perform heavy work including lifting and carrying up to 100 pounds, and work in loud conditions with vibrations, traffic, mechanical, chemical, fire and explosive risks.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a loud or moderate
noise level within the work environment. May perform work outdoors under extreme weather. The employee may be exposed to confined, high spaces, like erect scaffolding; loud conditions with vibrations, traffic, mechanical, chemical, fire, and explosive risks; and odors, dusts, fumes, mists, poor ventilation, and gases which may require a respirator.
Availability to work all three shifts, as well as weekends, and holidays. Subject to remain on duty
beyond normal hours and/or recalled during emergency situations or other extensive periods.
Employment may be contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) physical examination performed by the Authority's examining physician.
Employment may be contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) drug screening. Continued employment may be subject to drug and alcohol testing conducted without advance notice and without individualized suspicion.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION:
Ability to successfully pass a thorough investigation consisting of a criminal history check, verification of prior employment and performance, reference, and credentials checks, and in some cases credit history.
Applicants are subject to a System for Award Management (SAM) or any successor system search as maintained by the General Services Administration (GSA) to ensure compliance with federal procurement and non-procurement programs.
PWSA Human Resources Department
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on any legally protected statuses, including, but not limited to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, or veteran status. PWSA is committed to providing candidates with reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities during our recruiting process; if you need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-225-8800.
Position: TV Truck Specialist
Division: Sewer Operations
Union: Pittsburgh Joint Collective Bargaining Committee (PJCBC)
Application Deadline: Until Filled
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1907 Howard St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA