MIS - Network Systems Administrator
The Network Systems Administrator will assist with delivering secure, reliable, and efficient technology solutions that support the business needs of PWSA. The candidate will need to be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while working on multiple complex systems simultaneously, both as a member of a team and individually.
• Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot network infrastructure such as switches, firewalls, wireless access points, the authority’s virtualized server environment, Windows servers, cloud hosted solutions (including email), the authority’s email security suite, storage devices such as NASs and SANs
• Act as a technical lead for IT related projects including network initiatives, end user solution implementation, and IT infrastructure initiatives
• Basic configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of VOIP solutions and Linux servers
• Design and maintain technical documentation regarding newly deployed and complex solutions
• Assist with the execution of cybersecurity mitigation initiatives
• Act as a point of contact for vendors and partners
• Facilitate and own the ticket life cycle process with vendors on matters that cannot be resolved internally
• Participate in the recommendation, evaluation, planning, and testing of new solutions
• Participate in disaster recovery maintenance, testing, and planning.
• Verify and validate corporate backups
• Provide support to the Help Desk Coordinator and act as an escalation point as needed
• Participate on cross departmental teams, consulting on technical matters and ensuring best practices are met
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates competency regarding network topologies and architecture such as LANs, WLANs, DMZs, VPNs, WANs (including multi- VLAN architecture)
• Proficient and knowledgeable regarding the configuration and maintenance of a virtualized server environment
• Provide expertise in administering a Windows server environment
• Skilled at configuring and maintaining firewall appliances
• Performs all job duties focusing on obtaining the highest level of security without sacrificing usability or availability
• Knowledge of hosted application and email
• Knowledge of identity and access management
• Capable of applying network and troubleshooting skills to render VOIP support
• Strong troubleshooting, prioritization, project management, multi-tasking, communication, and soft skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The following requirements list the minimum education/training/experience required to qualify for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted.
• Associate degree in Computer Science or related field; five plus years relevant work experience equivalency required.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field is preferred.
Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or prior to appointment. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment.
Applicant must have permanent residency in Allegheny County at the time of appointment and remain a permanent resident throughout employment with the PWSA. Verification of Allegheny County residence is required at time of filling application.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED / RECEIVED
No direct reports / receives supervision directly from the Senior Manager of IT.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands consist of walking, climbing stairs, finger movements including fine dexterity and coordination, hearing conversation, seeing near and far, and speaking clearly. Frequently bending, stooping, repetitive leg and arm movements, lifting up to 25 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a moderate or quiet noise level in the office work environment. Subject to remain on duty beyond normal hours or during emergency situations or other extensive periods.
The chosen applicant is eligible to work within the PWSA flexible work arrangement policy which accounts for a hybrid style (office and remote work) schedule set forth by MIS management.
Employment may be contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) physical examination performed by the Authority's examining physician.
Employment may be contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) drug screening. Continued employment may be subject to drug, and alcohol testing conducted without advance notice and without individualized suspicion.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION:
Ability to successfully pass a thorough investigation consisting of a criminal history check, verification of prior employment and performance, reference, and credentials checks, and in some cases credit history.
Applicants are subject to a System for Award Management (SAM) or any successor system search as maintained by the General Services Administration (GSA) to ensure compliance with federal procurement and non-procurement programs.
Applications: You may be considered for other available positions based on qualifications provided on your employment application. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact the Human Resources Department at:
PWSA Human Resources Department
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on any legally protected statuses, including, but not limited to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, or veteran status. PWSA is committed to providing candidates with reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities during our recruiting process; if you need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or 412-225-8800.
Position: Network Systems Administrator
Application Deadline: Until Filled
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1200 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA