Information Security Engineer
Prometric is looking to fill the role of Security Engineer/Architect who will be responsible for designing, reviewing, and assisting with the implementation of information security measures, monitoring security processes and procedures, installing, and configuring security infrastructure and periodically assisting with risk assessments and internal audits. The security engineer will perform technical network, system, or application security review to identify gaps in security architecture and recommend solutions in line with organization objectives.
The security engineer will stay abreast of IT Security best practices and provide subject matter expertise in both cloud and on premises cybersecurity environments. In addition to serving as a subject matter expert to collogues in the information technology department and other departments as required, the security engineer will take a leading role in the design and maintenance of cybersecurity solutions. The security engineer will be a team member of the Cybersecurity department which is responsible for the enterprise-wide information security programs. He/she will report to the head of the information security department and take part in the coordination of key strategic development and functional services to support department objectives and organizational goals.
The information security engineer is responsible for leading, training, and developing the process and procedures for the following functions:
· Work closely with departmental peers to ensure the security of the organization’s systems and data.
· Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to management. Provide cybersecurity leadership in the design and architecture of cybersecurity solutions.
· Maintain current knowledge of applicable regulatory and compliance issues related to information security.
· Provide engineering guidance for all IT projects, including establishing baselines for emerging and newly opted cybersecurity technologies, evaluation of the enterprise architecture, hardware, software, and technical controls.
· Work closely with the IT Operations, Engineering and Architecture staff to ensure systems meet the business objectives while upholding existing standards and best security practices.
· Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities, develops, and evaluates alternatives and solutions, and chooses a course of action.
· Provide senior level subject matter expertise on various cyber threats, solutions, and architectures.
· Implement security measures to protect systems, networks, and data.
· Stay up to date on cybersecurity intelligence, including tools, techniques, and hacker methodologies.
· Prevent data and/or intellectual property loss and service interruptions by understanding and using technologies and processes that will effectively protect the network.
· Respond to computer security incidents and assist with incident response plans.
· Performing risk assessments and testing of data processing systems.
· Installing, updating, and configuring security infrastructure and other security measures.
· Recommending security enhancements and purchases.
· Training employees on network and information security procedures.
· Work with all members of the IT team to document, maintain, and analyze procedures and policies.
· Demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and commitments in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance, and professionalism.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate and ensure that others input is gathered and discussed.
· Work in an on-call rotation.
· Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
· Bachelor’s Degree is not required but is preferred. Educational background will be discussed particularly Information Technology related.
· 10+ years of cybersecurity work experience.
· Accustomed to working in a complex environment developing complex solutions in a cybersecurity context.
· Experience working with and configuring/managing cloud technologies, microservices, cybersecurity infrastructure including firewalls, IDS/IPS. and SIEM.
· Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Excel
· Basic proficiency using MS Office suite.
· Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities effectively.
· Ability to solve problems in stressful situations
· Ability to explain technical concepts to inexperienced users
· Ability to communicate at a conceptual level to management and at a detailed level to engineers and administrators.
· Time management skills
· Must have very strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
· Strong communication skills are a requirement.
· Must be able to multi-task while maintaining organizational skills.
· Strong attention to detail
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Pay Type Salary