SMB Sales Leader
The Small to Mid Business Sales Leader is responsible for driving sales of Aquent solutions,(Staffing, Direct Hire, Employer of Record, Studios Outsourcing, Scout and Robohead) to clients in the small to mid market segment.
They will provide input into strategic decisions around ideal customer segmentation, marketing, pricing, lead generation, buyer persona and go-to-market strategies to acquire new SMB logos, while expanding existing SMB clients. The SMB Sales Leader will also be able to present Aquent services and illustrate how Aquent can contribute to client organizations through a variety of solutions. They will have a prior proven track record of growing SMB market share through effective/innovative marketing, technology and delivery strategies. The SMB Sales Leader will be an enthusiastic leader, motivating managers and staff to adopt strategies and deliver agreed upon outcomes.
- Define/ refine the ideal customer segment within each industry group for SMB
- Define / refine the sales strategy for the customer segment
- Optimizing the overall sales process to ensure accuracy, promote awareness of potential deal changes, and build a level of scalability as the routes to market expand/shift
- Assessing the current and future strategies to maximize revenue potential from existing and prospective clients; meeting or exceeding quarterly revenue goals
- Defining sales quotas, accurately forecasting sales projections, and maintaining a qualified sales pipeline
- Exhibiting leadership and accountability for the performance of the sales organization; instill a cohesive, team player environment where information is shared and leveraged
- Understanding all solution offerings and products in the overall portfolio and having the presence to articulate the corporate message and value differentiators to all constituents: peers, staff, prospects, partners, & customers
- Player/Coach leadership style with a high degree of personal presence and an exceptional track record for attracting, developing, motivating and leading high performance sales team
- Strategic thinker with significant experience delivering value propositions aligned with account plans, formulating business development initiatives for long-term, continued account based sales growth with demonstrated success moving up market from small to medium/large accounts
- Proven sales management skills founded upon performance metrics, KPIs and customer focus, with the demonstrated ability to coach young, talented sales teams on how to prospect, close and sell large
- High energy with excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence to articulate goals, plans and strategies to senior level management, sales and account management teams in addition to other staff and clients; ability to be tactical and strategic while instilling confidence in the sales team; knows how to win and have fun
- Management skill-set to build, motivate, mentor and retain sales teams through personal influence and example; demonstrated leadership in managing sales managers and staff
- Ability to interpret and understand sales trends and anomalies, articulate the impact to senior management, and align or adjust the sales strategy/channel plans to accommodate changing market conditions
- Participate in the hiring, management and development of Client Service Managers (CSMs) aligned by industry verticals
- Develop and enhance the skills of the CSMs through, coaching and sales training on strategies to drive closure
- Leverage technology to optimize sales outreach, data hygiene to improve targeting and increase efficiency
- Supports the President, Aquent Enterprise and President, Aquent Talent through thought leadership, ideation and innovation of products and approaches to this client base driving Aquent’s competitive advantage.
- Partner with Senior Industry Leaders for Industry/Account based marketing/sales efforts
- Partner with Sales Enablement and Marketing on automation efforts, content creation, and training to drive revenue and client engagement
- Implement successful growth initiatives and scalability
- Develop, pilot, and implement growth strategies through data, customer value creation, and compelling stories needed to support a high-growth team
- Manage and analyze the performance of the segment, including accurate forecasting, pipeline generation, and opportunities for acceleration
Critical Success Factors:
- Leadership Ability: The successful candidate is internally driven, goal-oriented, strategic and confident in setting individual and team goals and has proven results establishing, growing and leading a business unit focused on a singular or multiple industry vertical(s). Seeking success for their staff and peers and regularly participates in cross-functional teams that impact Aquent’s future.
- Communication Skills: It is critical to be able to express ideas effectively to senior-level internal and external stakeholders and in front of both individuals and large groups. The ideal candidate is a persuasive team builder who leads through consensus with staying focused on the achievement of aggressive business goals.
- Fanatical Customer Service: A role model to set the standard for customer service. S/he takes responsibility for finding solutions or redirecting others to appropriate channels and responds to all service issues with an incredible sense of urgency, whether from client, Talent or staff.
Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- 5 - 10+ years of experience in sales, preferably in solution sales and general management within the Industry vertical, Marketing, Consulting or Creative industry
- Proven success in scaling a sales force and revenue streams to $50M and beyond
- Strong analytical and data driven decision making skills
- Critical thinker that has the ability to build strategies, combined with the tactical ability to execute
- Builder of teams, processes, and culture
- Highly collaborative and hands-on, excellent relationship building skills; an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial, results oriented executive who is energetic, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success
- Bachelor’s degree required
Why Aquent? We offer…
- Work/life balance: we say it, we mean it!
- Generous benefits package: medical, vision and dental benefits, generous 401(k), FSA, tuition reimbursement, paid sick/vacation time, and more
- An unusually generous and flexible vacation - AKA unlimited PTO
- Free use of our Hawaii and Florida beach houses
- Individualistic approach: we encourage a personal touch to your work; we don't believe in a "one-size-fits-all" approach
- Industry reputation: we are the world's largest creative staffing firm
We are the leading global work solutions company. Through a range of brands, we help guide businesses toward the talent, technology, and services they need to excel. From specialty recruiting and talent experience to creative strategy and project management, we’re making the future of work better for everyone. Our brands include Aquent Talent, Aquent Studios, Aquent RoboHead, Aquent Scout, Aquent Employer of Record, and Aquent Gymnasium. To learn more, visit aquent.com.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $125,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $155,000.00