Senior Software Engineer
Scout is a SaaS web platform providing a B2B recruitment marketplace for employers and search firms. Our vision is to optimize candidate-to-job matching and improve time-to-hire of the very best candidates for our customers. As a Senior Software Engineer you will join a collaborative team working to enhance and innovate our web service to expand to new customers and further improve efficiencies. Scout has a well established engineering department that includes teams dedicated to product research & design, technical infrastructure, machine learning, software development, customer support and quality assurance. We are seeking full stack creative thinkers, who thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a high level of ownership and responsibility for the success of the team. Scout has a supportive culture that encourages respect, individual growth and continual improvement. This is a fully remote opportunity that offers an exceptional work/life balance.
- Develop large features & improvements as well as fixes and library upgrades
- Write unit tests to maintain test coverage
- Take initiative to identify improvements to the code structure towards better maintainability and testability
- Drive coding best practices within the team
- Conduct thorough and constructive code reviews to ensure quality
- Actively participate in the agile development process (design reviews, planning, and retrospectives); seek to meet commitments and proactively resolve blockers
- Write and review technical designs
- Guide and mentor junior engineers in navigating the codebase, best practices, and relevant languages.
- Contribute to cross-team discussions around processes and architecture improvements
- Implement integrations with third-party services and application components
- Collaborate with peers to prioritize work and be in alignment with strategic goals
- Handle interruptions well, seek to help others reach team goals
- Keep up-to-date with relevant advances in the field
- May participate in interviews for new hires
- CS fundamentals (data structure and algorithms)
- Deep knowledge of modern web applications
- Expert in Python
- Good knowledge of MongoDB or SQL
- Proficient with Git
- Proficient with Docker (Kubernetes is a plus)
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent design & organizational skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment requiring minimal direction/oversight
- Continual improvement and self-learning
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of professional experience in software development of web applications.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field is a plus
- Remote position.
Why Aquent? We offer…
- Work/life balance: we say it, we mean it!
- Generous benefits package: medical, vision and dental benefits, generous 401(k), FSA, tuition reimbursement, paid sick/vacation time, and more
- An unusually generous and flexible vacation - AKA unlimited PTO
- Free use of our Hawaii and Florida beach houses
- Individualistic approach: we encourage a personal touch to your work; we don't believe in a "one-size-fits-all" approach
- Industry reputation: we are the world's largest creative staffing firm
We are the leading global work solutions company. Through a range of brands, we help guide businesses toward the talent, technology, and services they need to excel. From specialty recruiting and talent experience to creative strategy and project management, we’re making the future of work better for everyone. Our brands include Aquent Talent, Aquent Studios, Aquent RoboHead, Aquent Scout, Aquent Employer of Record, and Aquent Gymnasium. To learn more, visit aquent.com.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $135,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $145,000.00