Associate Research Administration Specialist
Provide technical and administrative support to the Project Administration Group (PAG), FFRDC Research Divisions and their supporting team members on contractual requirements and project proposal processes.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Support FFRDC Divisions in the preparation process of all Project Work Statements (PWS) and addendum packages.
2. Lead QA/QC process for incoming PWS and addendum packages, to include adherence to organizational requirements and standards, as well as grammatical and formatting. Ensures quality standards prior to routing packages to FFRDC EVP for signature. Must be able to independently determine appropriate action for follow-up and convey the appropriate action to others.
3. Work with internal and external customers to manage PWS and addendum tracking through the entire project approval cycle.
4. Build and foster strong partnerships and collaborative working relationships with personnel of varying roles (e.g., Project and Program Directors, Project Administrators, Project Analysts, FFRDC Management, Contracts & Finance, and Government Personnel) to ensure timely coordination of contracting actions and deliverables.
5. Interface directly with external clients as needed to solve contractual issues.
6. Provide Project Administration support to FFRDC Research Divisions, including: preparing and submitting PWS and addendum packages; monitoring projects for timeliness, costs, and deliverables; and providing other financial and administrative support, as required by Division Vice Presidents, Research Program Directors, and Project Directors.
7. Prepare a variety of complex and routine correspondence to be sent to study sponsors, and Office of Naval Research (ONR) Program Management Office (PMO).
8. Provide real time communications regarding PWS and addendum package status to Project Administration Group (PAG) team members and various other FFRDC stakeholders.
9. Gather, compile, track, and report on information relevant to PWS and addendum package approval status from multiple sources.
10. Maintain multiple internal package tracking tools using appropriate software systems; monitor them for usage trends and issues, with an emphasis on continuing innovation.
11. Assist PAG leadership with analysis and reporting of performance metrics related to PWS and addendum package approval tracking, and ad hoc tasks as necessary.
12. Support the development and deployment of new tracking management tools and techniques. Interface with appropriate PAG team members as required to further team objectives aimed at increasing automation and efficiency.
13. Develop basic knowledge about CNA, its organization, key personnel and personalities, and relevant CNA standard operating procedures (SOPs), to include basic knowledge of CNA business environment. Understand the concepts of line-item/core, task order/above core, and task order/above ceiling.
14. Work as part of a two-member team (CNA Correspondence) under very general supervision while completing numerous assignments per schedule and elevating potential issues to ensure proper management focus.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree (preferably with course work related to federal/government contracts) or equivalent work experience.
2. Experience: Relevant experience demonstrated from course work and/or relevant work history including internships. Prior experience supporting business development or government contracts for the Department of the Navy or Department of Defense is preferred.
3. Skills: Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and SharePoint). Ability to learn CNA-specific software/tools. Must possess demonstrated oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills. Must have ability to work under pressure and to interact independently with personnel of varying disciplines.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Research
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator (none)
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America