Research Specialist (Part Time)
This is a part time hybrid position located at CNA HQ in Arlington, VA.
The Strategy, Policy, Plans and Programs (SPP) division is seeking a Research Specialist to join their team. He/she will support projects and other corporate needs through (1) collecting, processing, vetting, and analyzing pertinent data for further use and/or (2) conducting technical assistance activities such as planning and organizing meetings and seminars, and/or (3) supporting the process of developing and submitting proposals through collecting and organizing resumes, past performance reports, and corporate capabilities. There will also be an administrative component to this role.
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Apply standard research methodologies to gather, process, and analyze data. Use relevant database software to effectively organize and present data and generate reports. Demonstrate facility at the intermediate level with Microsoft Office and other standard CNA software packages to accomplish primary duties.
2. Develop a basic familiarity with the missions and organizational structure of the division or team's major client/sponsors.
3. Participate in meetings with project team. Support preparation for client/sponsor interactions. Identify client/sponsor POC for their projects.
4. Develop a sufficient understanding or expertise on specific tasks, issues or data so as to make a positive contribution to project outcomes.
5. Develop basic knowledge about CNA, its organization, key personnel and personalities, and relevant CNA standard operating procedures (SOPs), to include basic knowledge of CNA business environment. Understand the concepts of core, above core, and above ceiling/ domestic. Have basic awareness of the project development process.
6. Possess the skills necessary to communicate information concisely, precisely, and in a grammatically correct manner in oral and written communication. Present and summarize data effectively.
7. Work under close supervision on focused, well-structured pieces of projects. Tracks personal project spending.
8. Exhibit a positive attitude in interactions with colleagues, clients/sponsors, and staff. Take initiative offering assistance when opportunities arise.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in international relations, public policy, political science or related field or equivalent experience required.
2. Experience: Minimum 0 years relevant experience required.
3. Skills: Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office; database management; good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills; strong critical thinking and organizational skills.
4. Other: Must have ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Research
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist
- Employment Indicator (none)
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America