Associate Research Analyst
The Operational Warfighting division is seeking an Associate Research Analyst to join their team. He/She will provide research, analytical, and technical support on a range of projects.
The Operational Warfighting division conducts field-based research and manages the Field Program. We work on projects that help the Department of the Navy and other government agencies improve operational effectiveness through analysis of training methods, organizational alignment, policy, system performance, test & evaluation, interoperability, training, operational concepts, experimentation, and tactics development.
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Under close supervision, conducts research and analysis that meets CNA’s quality standards on focused, structured questions. Can effectively apply standard, routine, and well-established analytic methodologies. With minimal direction and supervision, routinely produces analysis that is logical and traceable as well as objective and unbiased. Shows some analytic creativity.
2. Develops rudimentary institutional knowledge of primary clients/sponsors; their culture, organization, and issues.
3. Contributes productively and harmoniously to the work of others; treats everyone respectfully, professionally and fairly. Keeps others informed. Actively engages with colleagues and works with manager to identify opportunities for collaborations within team and division. Seeks out others working on similar topics.
4. Supports business development efforts and/or marketing activities by conducting background research and helping prepare materials under the direction of more experienced staff.
5. Limited interaction with sponsors/clients and their study POCs under the supervision of an experienced colleague.
6. Impact largely confined to individual project work.
7. Demonstrates basic, effective communication skills, both written and oral. Can effectively present work to colleagues and CNA managers.
8. Works under close supervision on focused, well-structured pieces of projects.
9. Exhibits a positive attitude in interactions with colleagues and clients/sponsors. Serves as an effective member of project or research team by supporting leadership as needed.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Minimum Master’s degree in either Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Data Science, Engineering or equivalent Operations Research experience.
2. Experience: Typical minimum requirements Master’s & 0+ years of experience in research and analysis.
3. Skills: Facility with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint); Ability to manage databases; Ability to gather and organize information on policies, systems, problems, or procedures; Strong critical thinking and organizational skills; Basic knowledge of research techniques; Ability to plan and organize tasks effectively, both as an individual contributor and as a team member; Basic, effective communication skills.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Security Clearance.
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Research
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist
- Employment Indicator (none)
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America