The role of an On-Site Supervisor includes assisting the Project Manager in the support and development of customers, the coordination of engineers, and technicians who work on location with our customer. They routinely coordinate and organize different projects in the automotive industry in the quality management department.
They are the first contact if there are any problems and interface between our company and internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordination, organization and implementation of quality improvement projects in assigned area in support of the OEM automotive client; project planning and implementation of action plans.
• Lead and attend project meetings with your colleagues and customers.
• Project team setup of containments of automotive parts, ensuring that only approved components will be sent to the OEM customer for vehicle assembly.
• Verify weekly payroll hours to ensure accurate client invoicing of hours worked.
• Maintains open communications between adjoining shift supervision to insure smooth transition of operation from shift to shift. Communicates with support departments as needed; conducts pre-shift meetings.
• Problem solving in support of issue resolution (entire process).
• Coaching sessions for tactical, day-to-day observations and behavior modification; conflict resolution.
• Insure delivery and understanding all required training and communication for team members.
• Ensures completion of all forms, paperwork and time-sheet records on a timely basis.
• Responsible for the implementation of and adherence to the customer safety program for their respective shift.
• This position is responsible for leadership and direction of assigned team to include timing, discipline, safety, training, work schedules, assignments and positive moral.
• Hands-on project experience in automotive service industry fields of Quality, Re-work and Retrofit.
• Decision-making authority, good organizational skills, self-initiative, negotiating skills, ability to work in a team, high flexibility and readiness to travel.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office tools.
• Experience with suppliers and customers in the automotive industry.
• Good written and oral communication skills to communicate with the client and all levels of your organization.
• High school diploma; bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in a project supervisory role.
• Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise.
• Some duties performed outside in all weather conditions.
• This is a physically demanding position.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull, move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty pounds
• Must be able to work at heights up to 20-25 feet.
• Regularly stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours.