Lakeside Leadership Development Program- Supply Chain/ Industrial Engineer
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
Location: Appleton, WI, Plainfield, IN and Indianapolis, IN
Start Date: This program is set to start in early July 2023 and is built as a 12-month rotational program.
Compensation: This program has a competitive starting salary of $70,000.
The Lakeside Leadership Development Program (LDP) is an opportunity for recent college graduates with a Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering degree to gain diverse experience in the manufacturing industry. Participants will be assigned a mentor, receive leadership training, and complete rotations through each department of our organization. They will also be able to participate in process improvement training and complete project-based assignments. At the end of the program, participants will transition into a full-time role based on their career interests and the organization's business needs. Relocation may be possible for those interested.
As our LDP Associate, you will:
- Rotate through all departments of the organization to gain a full operational understanding.
- Participate in leadership training and process improvement training.
- Complete project-based assignments in a department.
- Fill in as a supervisor (open role, weekend or vacation coverage).
- Participate in visits to other BFS sites for learning, leadership visibility, best practice sharing, participation in CI events, and project support.
- Transition into a full-time role based on career interests and the organization's business needs.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or similar program
- Work experience in lieu of degree may be considered for internals
- Prior internship, co-op, or practical experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Lean Six Sigma training is a plus
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Mfg - Maintenance/Building
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Appleton, WI, USA