Continuous Improvement Specialist
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
Work Hours: Primarily day shift, with touchpoints across other shifts
Location: We have 2 locations in Harrisonburg, VA: North Plant at 2347 Kratzer Road and South Plant: 1025 Willow Springs Road
- Collaborate with Continuous Improvement Engineers to execute improvement projects, contributing to data collection, analysis, and implementation efforts.
- Conduct regular process audits to assess compliance with established procedures and identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor the progress of improvement initiatives, ensuring that actions are taken to achieve defined objectives.
- Evaluate and update SOPs to reflect best practices and process improvements.
- Provide training to operational teams on updated SOPs, new processes, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Analyze data to identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for performance improvement.
- Maintain a strong presence on the manufacturing floor, interacting with operators, gathering insights, and addressing their concerns.
- Effectively communicate improvement initiatives' findings, progress, and outcomes to leadership and stakeholders.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or STEM-related field with 5 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor's concentration in Business or STEM-related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proficiency in data analysis and root cause analysis techniques.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving mindset and a proactive approach to process improvement.
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Continuous Improvement
- Job Function Continuous Improvement
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Harrisonburg, VA, USA