Flex Schedule - Intern Administrative
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
Starting Rate: $25.00 an hour
Work Hours: 20 hour work week; Monday through Friday, flexible with your school schedule
Location: We have two locations in harrisonburg. This internship is at our North Plan at 2347 Kratzer Road
Key Responsibilities are:
- Support Continuous Improvment Projects
- Process Auditing and Monitoring
- Review and Revise SOPs
- Assist with Data Analysis and Root Cause Analysis
- Facilitate Kaizen and SMED Events
- Effectively Communicate and Report Findings, Progress, and Outcomes of Improvement
- Current student with a concentration in Business or STEM related field (or equivalent experience)
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies (Lean Sigma Six, Kaizen, etc.)
- Profeiciency in data analysis and root cause analysis techniques
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving mindset and proactive approach to process improvement
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact email@example.com.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Other
- Job Function Other
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Hiring Rate $25.00
- Job Start Date Friday, October 13, 2023
- Job End Date Friday, May 31, 2024
- Harrisonburg, VA, USA