Pressroom - Forklift Operator 2
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
As a Forklift Driver in our Pressroom, you will operate forklift equipment to move materials and products, perform daily inspections, accurately scan containers, use a computer to input information and receive training to further your career. As the largest bookmaker in the United States, you will help move the finished product out the door and into the hands of readers across the country. A minimum 6 months forklift experience is preferred, but not required. Advancement opportunities are available!
Starting Rate: $18.85/hour
Hours: 12-hour day shift; 6am-6pm Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat, Sun, Wed, Thur.
Location: North Plant at 2347 Kratzer Rd. Harrisonburg, VA 22802
As a Forklift Operator, you will:
- Operate Forklift equipment, to move materials and finished products
- Scan containers to ensure system accuracy
- Inspect your forklift on a daily basis and service the batteries
- Process departmental paperwork
- Use a computer to utilize the internal company COMN system for job information
- Previous forklift experience, standup and sit down
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand or sit for the entire duration of your shift
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Warehouse & Distribution
- Job Function Manufacturing -- Other
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.85
- Harrisonburg, VA, USA