Continuous Improvement Process Engineer - Entry Level
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
Work Hours: Standard Operating Hours
Location: 2347 Kratzer Rd, Harrisonburg, VA 22802
As our Continuous Improvement Process Engineer, you will;
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term plans to improve product and process quality, cycle time, productivity, and equipment downtime.
- Strong functional understanding of the eight wastes and their impact on the organization.
- Experience using structured problem-solving tools (DMAIC, PDCA, etc.)
- Monitors site metrics, develops and implements improvement plans.
- Assists manufacturing with reducing process variation and increasing process efficiency.
- Facilitate team meetings and lead teams to implement methods of measuring and holding gains in processes.
- Facilitate training on continuous improvement methods and the use of statistical analysis.
- Prepares reports, charts, tables, and other visual aids to summarize operations and highlight findings.
- Manages and leads improvement projects to a documented, verifiable completion.
- Recent or upcoming graduate of an accredited institution
- Internship experience preferred
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, continuous improvement, or operations
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Continuous Improvement
- Job Function Continuous Improvement
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Some College
- Harrisonburg, VA, USA