Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Work Hours: Standard Monday - Friday
As our Maintenance Planner Scheduler, you will:
- Work independently with other plant personnel to schedule and verify accomplishment of routine tasks and scheduled repairs.
- Manages work through a CMMS.
- Prioritizes work through a review of process criticality and equipment redundancy
- Reviews work requests for validity, accuracy and clarity. Engages the appropriate resources to set a preliminary priority within assigned areas.
- Estimates and defines requirements for total labor, materials, special tools, equipment and skill sets required to complete requested work, including routine repairs, preventive maintenance/repairs, and complex projects such as plant shutdowns, plant improvement projects, etc.
- Obtains and organizes all information required for the work being performed (i.e. drawings, diagrams,vendor manuals, supplemental materials/tools and special procedures).
- Verifies that all are ready and available prior to scheduling work.
- Balances scheduled work orders with available labor and skills.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor to identify, review, approve, and assign resources for rebuilds,projects, and related activities
- Previous CMMS experience (MP2 experience a plus)
- Proven mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Must agree to follow safety guidelines and wear applicable safety equipment; e.g., safety glasses, side shields, approved safety shoes, and other PPE as needed
- Must possess shift and schedule flexibility of regular time as well as any shift that may include off-hours and/or weekends, as needed
- Detail-oriented with strong 5S and Organizational Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least a 2-year degree from trade school, or university or; be at least an ET 3 or MT 3 (for internal candidates) or possess equivalent experience (for external candidates)
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact email@example.com.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary
- Harrisonburg, VA, USA