Pressroom - Manufacturing Supervisor
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
Work Hours: Days, evenings, overnights; 40 hours per week. Shift rotation every 4 weeks.
Location: We have 2 locations in Crawfordsville: North Plant at 1009 Sloan Street; South Plant at 600 State Road 32 West. This position is located at the South Plant.
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
As a Manufacturing Supervisor, you will:
- Provide daily leadership to the department
- Work on setting daily crewing assignments and resolving crewing issues
- Focus on safety through behavior-based observations and actions
- Monitor quality through the shift
- Set clear performance expectations and the beginning and through the duration of the shift
- Conduct process checks every 2 hours at each line of responsibility
- Assist the crews in maximizing efficiency and productivity throughout the shift
- Provide troubleshooting and decision-making skills to assist operators and crews in overcoming performance inhibitors
- Work with the department Manager to identify opportunities to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Participate in Continuous Improvement related projects
- 5 + years of demonstrated leadership experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Effective communication, coaching, and interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with customers and crews to build relationships effectively
- Participate in resolving issues, ensure satisfaction, and work across boundaries with a holistic approach
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, proactive, self-starter with proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Bi-lingual preferred
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact email@example.com.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Management
- Job Function Manufacturing -- Other
- Pay Type Salary
- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA