Order Planner - 1st Shift
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
Starting Rate: $19.00
- 1st Shift: Monday - Friday, 7AM to 3PM
Location: 700 Airtech Parkway. Plainfield, IN. 46168
As our Operations Clerk, you will:
- Help in scheduling truck deliveries
- Perform customer service functions, including interacting with customers and answering questions
- Perform detailed paperwork duties
- Maintain necessary files and documentation. May perform activities related to load planning of outbound trucks to meet customer delivery requirements and cost parameters.
- Utilize small hand tools and operate material handling equipment including forklifts, skids, pallet handlers, hand trucks, etc. to stage materials and load trucks.
- Typical shipping activities require checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations. Pack goods for shipment according to specifications, equipment characteristics, transportation methods, and routes. Verify identification and quality of product, prepare bills of lading, post weight and shipping charges, stamp, stencil or attach information and shipping instructions on containers, load shipment onto trucks, and maintain inventory of cartons, tapes, crates, clamps, foam, and other packing material.
- Typical receiving activities require taking receipt of raw materials, components, or equipment and unloading from trucks primarily using a forklift truck and pallet jacks. Check incoming materials against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., verifying nomenclature, identification, and quantity of the materials. Maintaining records of goods received and damaged goods.
- Plan workloads and delegate tasks
- Ability to stand for the entire duration of your shift
- Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Administration
- Job Function Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- 700 Airtech Pkwy, Indianapolis, IN 46231, USA
- Plainfield, IN, USA