Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
Starting Rate: $18.75 Plus: $2.50 Shift Differential
- 1st Shift: Monday - Friday 7am-3pm
- 2nd Shift: Monday-Friday 3pm-11pm
- 3rd Shift: Sunday- Thursday 11pm-7am
Location: 700 Airtech Parkway. Plainfield, IN. 46168
As our Forklift Driver, you will:
- Drive forklift truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move raw paper materials and in-process products and finished products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory. May load and unload semi-trailer trucks.
- Maintain accurate inventory and report any discrepancies.
- May load or unload materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting devices.
- Perform safety checks on lifts. May lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied-gas tank.
- Must be able to recognize whether the forklift truck can lift the load and whether the load is properly balanced.
- The job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Proven experience in the handling of controls for driving forklift and/or clamp trucks.
- Must be skilled in handling controls for starting, stopping, backings, and driving forklift trucks through narrow aisles in building, up and down ramps, and in and out of railroad cars, trucks, etc.; and, for lifting, lowering, and tilting forks by moving hands, arms, feet, and legs to operate controls.
- Must know how high, wide, and long the forklift truck and its load are, and how much the forklift truck can lift.
- Good spatial ability to identify how high and wide a doorway and an aisle must be to drive the forklift truck and its load; how high and wide the shelf, bin, etc., must be to place the load; and how high the load must be lifted to reach the shelf or bin.
- Knowledge of the layout of the storage area to be able to find and place items without need for detailed instructions.
- Skilled in moving forklift trucks about in places where there is very little room to stack or remove loads.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact email@example.com.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Warehouse & Distribution
- Job Function Manufacturing -- Other
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- 700 Airtech Pkwy, Indianapolis, IN 46231, USA
- Plainfield, IN, USA