Pressroom - Roll Tender
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
Starting Rate: $20.00 per hour for day shift with a $.50 an hour shift differential for night shift.
Additional Incentives: (examples below)
$100 Safety Shoe Reimbursement
$100 Safety Glasses Reimbursement
Company will provide all tools necessary
2 Weeks Vacation
Work Hours: 12 hour rotating shifts; 4 days on 4 days off; rotate every week from nights to days
Location: We have 2 locations in Crawfordsville: North Plant at 1009 Sloan Street; South Plant at 600 State Road 32 West.
As a Roll Tender, you will:
- Learn to read job tickets
- Learn the types of paper and what is needed for each job
- Check the fold on each new print form
- Assist with make ready tasks
- Perform quality inspections
- Perform housekeeping tasks as needed
- Work in a team environment and cross-train with others
- Receive training to help advance your career
RLI and COMN experience plus general press room knowledge preferred.
- Ability to exert an excess of 100 lbs of force occasionally, 50 lbs of force frequently and 20 lbs constantly
- Ability to stand for the entire duration of your shift
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Manufacturing -- Other
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $24.86
- Travel Required No
- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA