Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
As our Safety Manager, you will:
- Implement and coordinate the safety program for the operation, and monitor work processes and procedures to drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals
- Facilitate training for all personnel on safety processes and practices, new initiatives and injury and accident avoidance
- Perform internal audits to identify non-compliance, hazardous conditions & unsafe behaviors; audit scope includes processes, facilities and equipment. Conduct site safety audits as necessary
- Manage plant's environmental and safety reporting including regulatory OSHA, EPA, reporting and record keeping requirements
- Administer and monitor Behavior Based Safety initiatives. Serve as the champion for changing and fostering a robust safety culture
- Facilitate two-way communication with leadership & employees, regarding safety performance, incidents, and other related information
- Manage improvement opportunities & any non-compliance issues from concept through conclusion
- Perform accidents/incidents investigations and facilitates the development of root cause corrections
- Conduct hazard assessment, including identification of hazards and corrective action plans
- Implement environmental solutions and drive changes in manufacturing processes / systems that lead to reduction in environmental waste streams
- Lead investigations on any environmental non-compliance incidents and provide urgent response to operational issues
- Provide project support for corporate EH&S initiatives
- Manage the plant's safety and industrial hygiene programs and ensure compliance with internal and external safety and health regulations and policies
- BS degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Management, Engineering, or closely related field (or equivalent years of relevant work experience)
- 7+ years’ experience working in an EHS capacity, including experience leading/supporting environmental and safety programs in a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience with permit administration and management, including Title V and Air permit experience
- Ability and comfort developing and delivering EH&S training (BBS preferred)
- Background and expertise in EHS recordkeeping, reporting, and compliance
- Experience with incident investigation and root cause analysis to identify safety issues
- 3+ years of Workers’ Compensation management.
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact email@example.com.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Management
- Job Function Environmentl Health and Safety
- Pay Type Salary
- Harrisonburg, VA, USA