Machine Operator (Rolltender)
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
We are looking for Machine Operators to join our team at Lakeside Book Company. As the largest bookmaker in the United States, you will help craft books that end up in the hands of readers across the country. No experience necessary! We will provide you with all the training you need to be successful.
Starting Rate: $19.54 an hour for day shift with a shift premium for night shift.
- $100 Safety Shoe Reimbursement
- $100 Quarterly Attendance Bonus
- Quarterly Production Goal Bonus
- Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Safety Awards
- Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Quality Awards
- 3 Weeks of Vacation Annually
- Paid Bridge to Skills Training with Monetary Incentives to Advance Your Career
Work Hours: We have lots of working options to accommodate your lifestyle! 4-crew, 12-hour shifts. work only 1/2 of the year! 3am-3pm or 3pm-3am working 36 hours in week 1 and 48 hours in week 2 (8 hours of your pay is at 1.5x pay!).
Location: We are located at 1005 Commercial Drive, Owensville, MO
As a Machine Operator, you will:
- manage/set up paper feed into a printing press
- hang aluminum plates on a printing press
- work in a team environment and cross-train with others
- receive training to help advance your career
- Ability to lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for the entire duration of your shift
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Manufacturing -- Other
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Owensville, MO 65066, USA