Bindery - Bindery Operator 2
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
Starting Rate: $21.70-$27.39 per hour for day shift with a $.50 an hour shift differential for night shift.
$100 Safety Shoe Reimbursement
$100 Safety Glasses Reimbursement
Company will provide all tools necessary
2 Weeks Vacation
Work Hours: 8 and 10 hour rotating shifts
Location: We have 2 locations in Crawfordsville: North Plant at 1009 Sloan Street; South Plant at 600 State Road 32 West. This position is for our South Plant
As a Machine Operator, you will:
- Set up, Adjust & Operate multiple pieces of machinery independently
- Participate in training related to being a successful BMO
- Inspect equipment for safety issues
- Monitor quality, output and productivity
- Utilize tools to measure and adjust machine to target levels
- Conduct preventative maintenance tasks as required
- Provide instructions to crew members to meet daily production goals
- Work in a team environment and cross-train with others
- Knowledge of bindery processes helpful. We provide all of the job specific training you would need!
- Ability to lift 20-50 lbs
- Ability to stand for the duration of your shift
- Ability to do basic math and computer knowledge
- Prior Machine Operating experience
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Manufacturing -- Bindery
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.70
- Max Hiring Rate $27.39
- Travel Required No
- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA