Production Associate Night Shift
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
At Lakeside Book Company, we are looking for new Production Associates to operate robots and stackers that collect sections of books coming off our printing presses. You will also be entering information into a computer about the book coming off the press and creating load tracking labels. Internally this position is called a Stacker Support. As the largest bookmaker in the United States, you will help move the finished product out the door and into the hands of readers across the country. A minimum 6 months’ production or manufacturing experience preferred, but not required. Advancement opportunities are available!
Starting Rate: $17.50/hour
Hours: 12-hour nights 6pm-6am. Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat, Sun, Wed, Thur
Location: 2347 Kratzer Road Harrisonburg, VA 22802
As our Production Associate, you will:
- Operate robots and stackers that collect sections of books coming off our printing presses.
- Strap book sections together and places them on pallets.
- Enter information about the books coming off the press into a computer, print labels, and place on a pallet.
- Perform routine maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating the equipment to ensure a safe working environment for everyone.
- Ability to lift and carry 20-50 pounds
- Ability to stand for the duration of your shift
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel)
- Consistent work experience preferred
- Machine experience preferred, but not required
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact email@example.com.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Manufacturing -- Other
- Pay Type Hourly
- Harrisonburg, VA, USA