Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
Work Hours: Days with overtime as needed.
Location: 1005 Commercial Drive, Owensville, MO
As our Safety Manager for our Owensville and Linn locations, you will:
- Audit and enforce safe work practices, correct unsafe condition
- Conduct new hire safety orientation & ongoing training for all employees
- Investigate Workplace Incidents/ Near Misses
- Evaluate current equipment, products, facilities or processes and those planned for future use
- Coach/monitor/track EHS programs with local champions/owners
- Create and use job hazard assessments
- Manage work comp (partnering with HR)
- BS degree in Occupational Safety & Health or a closely related field or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience working in a Environmental Health and Safety capacity
- Proven experience with permit administration and management including Title V and Air Permits
- Ability and comfort developing and delivering EH&S training (BS preferred)
- Background and expertise in EHS recordkeeping
- Experience with incident investigations and root cause analysis
- 3+ years of Workers’ Compensation management
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Management
- Job Function Environmentl Health and Safety
- Pay Type Salary
- Owensville, MO 65066, USA