Boxmaker - Material Handler 2
Our Safety Culture:
The safety and health of our employees is this company’s most important business consideration. Lakeside Book will provide a safe and secure working environment to support our goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Lakeside Book commits to being good stewards of the environment by conducting environmentally responsible business practices while continuing to be good neighbors and partners in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome our veterans to apply!
The Bindery Material Handler 2 demonstrates a high standard for technical and leadership abilities in the Bindery. This position is responsible for, but not limited to, properly handling bundles, up to 75 lbs. with 25-50 lbs. repetitively, of signatures, cases, and books. This position is responsible for ensuring signatures (sigs) are properly placed into the appropriate location and piling down/cartoning books at the end of the binding operation. This position must become forklift certified. Completing quality checks while performing any operation will be essential.
- Load and unload materials from pallets by hand
- Performs job duties with a sense of urgency to make ready the next job, help out others, aid in pulling jobs, and calculate over-material product.
- Move materials from storage or worksites to designated areas.
- Stack materials into bundles and band bundles together.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including but not limited to: the proper handling of hazardous waste, hearing, and eye protection policies.
- Will be required to become forklift certified and backfill on a forklift as needed.
- Promotes teamwork and displays positive behavior
- Promotes safety initiatives, always wears PPE, and confronts co-workers who are working in an unsafe manner.
- Ability to count and perform basic mathematics used in material movement and count control.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to work a rotating shift, with weekends and overtime as required.
- Must be in good standing with no current final warnings
- Must meet minimum requirements stated above
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please see a member of Human Resources.
What we offer you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation & recognition programs
- Diverse & inclusive work group
Lakeside Book Company loves books! To us, every book matters. Every word. Every page. Every hand that helped build it. Our history has shown that we are leaders and innovators. We have a team-winning culture, where all of our people have a voice. While we are old in years, we are new at heart. Come join our mission to keep the world reading.
Lakeside Book Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Lakeside Book Company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or perform essential job functions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
- Job Family Warehouse & Distribution
- Job Function Manufacturing -- Other
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.50
- Harrisonburg, VA, USA