Materials Planner & Buyer
Job Overview: Responsible for maintaining inventory record accuracy/integrity, proper inventory levels and re-order of supply. The Jamco Planner/Buyer works closely with Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain, Production, Receiving & Shipping teams, Scheduling, Quality, and Suppliers. This job owns the continuous monitoring of inventory for appropriate minimum/maximum re-order values with consideration for fluctuating market demands and usage trends to ensure inventory availability in accordance with demand plan and scheduling. This position will be responsible for the procurement of designated material groups, which may include Myers Industries enterprise-wide or business unit-wide raw materials, packaging components, and/or site-specific services and production supplies including maintenance and general site services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct business within established supplier relationships and accordance with Myers corporate values.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing Manager to drive supplier conformance specific to quality, lead time commitments and pricing.
- Identify & communicate supplier concerns and establishes objectives for targeted improvement.
- Coordinate problem resolution with suppliers regarding non-conforming material and ensure adequate timeliness of supplier correction action plans.
- Support Strategic Sourcing Manager with soliciting quote requests when necessary.
- Coordinate and communicate purchased component changes with Strategic Sourcing and suppliers.
- Socialize supplier performance through scorecard reporting and vendor meetings.
Materials Management & Supply Planning:
- Utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools to provide fact-based analysis and insights to fact-based material management decisions.
- Assist in root cause analysis for key metrics such as Material Forecast Accuracy, Forecast Bias, and Statistical Inventory Management.
- Drive inventory accuracy through regular audits of transactions and cycle counting. Initiate corrective action as needed.
- Using statistical material inventory analysis, manage a safety stock policy recommendation on a quarterly basis to improve asset plan adherence while balancing business goals. Measure, explain, and provide risk outlook for days of supply on key materials categories.
- Ownership of Rough Cut Capacity Planning for Akro-Mils.
- Utilizes MRP and manages inventory levels for assigned purchased categories to ensure all requirements are met.
- Manages, releases, and tracks purchase orders for negotiated and/or contract materials for plant production, service vendors, and other activities that may be required for plant-specific services.
- Manage inventory levels to meet production schedules, achieve financial targets, ensure service targets are met, minimize stockouts, excess and obsolete material, and maintain optimal inventory turns and DOH.
- Collaborate with Production, Shipping, Receiving & Vendor on inbound material plan and quick resolution of non-confirming material.
- Participate in physical inventory process as needed and requested.
- Initiate, maintain, and manage all purchase orders for inventoried materials.
- Maintain accurate Item Master Data for purchased materials in ERP system and Planning System, which includes but not limited to MOQ, Pricing, Lead Time, Pack QTY, Product Class, Min/Max level, Active/Inactive status.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Supply chain & procurement acumen
- Familiarity with MRP and purchase order placements and ordering
- Strong organizational & organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a supply chain, procurement or related fields.
- A minimum of 3+ years of previous procurement or supply chain experience is preferred.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee regularly is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Job Function Purchasing
- Pay Type Salary
- Wadsworth, OH 44281, USA