Production Supervisor - Night Shift
Akro-Mils, a Myers Industries Company (NYSE: MYE), products handle your toughest challenges! Our industry-leading line of plastic and metal storage, organization, transport and material handling products are designed for industrial, medical, retail and home settings.
The Production Supervisor ensures a safe and clean production operation during the shift. Maintains the production schedule of quality product to customer/company specifications. Supervises, directs, and coordinates activities of workers. Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following company policies and applicable OSHA standards. May perform the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsiible for shift, 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM, on a fixed schedule (2 days on, 2 days off, every other 3 days weekend)
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces attendance policy, safety regulations, and work rules.
- Evaluate department personnel to determine level of competence and training needs.
- Provide training assistance to personnel.
- Initiates or suggests plan to motivate workers to achieve goals.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department, work crew, or plant.
- Oversees and manages machines and equipment to ensure specific operation performance and optimum.
- Works with quality to ensure conformance to product specifications.
- May perform activities of workers supervised.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Develops or revises standard operational procedures and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves productivity data.
- Inspects products, skid specifications and carton configurations to verify conformance to standards.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Monitors employee’s time-off and attendance.
- Coach, counsel and discipline employees in a fair and consistent manner in coordination with the Human Resources Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, including supervisory experience.
- Lean / Continuous Improvement background strongly preferred.
- Strong conflict management / conflict resolution skills preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to communicate procedures, best practices, and safety rules to new and current employees within and outside the department.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, cubic feet, dimensional weight, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather condition; noise, and confined space.
Myers Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary
- Wadsworth, OH 44281, USA