Production Shift Lead
The Shift Lead assists the Production Supervisor in planning, assigning, and monitoring the production of the product within a particular shift. The Shift Lead is the back up to the Production Supervisor and will oversee production in the absence of the Production Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning and coordinating work including shift start-up/roster requirements
- Directs all safety, quality, and production issues to Production Supervisor.
- Ensure proper staffing at of each operation
- Daily auditing of standard work and line layouts
- Help oversee the daily routines of assigned employees
- Cooperatively interact with other departments in scheduling of machinery and resources and to trouble-shoot any quality or customer concerns
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking, recording, and ensuring that all equipment is producing to standard cycles, weights, and quality requirements as outlined in provided work orders and BOMs. Daily completion of OEE file(s)
- Lead the communication and roster maintenance with temp information and data
- Utilize and incorporate the use of 6S and 5Why strategies in the plant.
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Buckhorn policies and OSHA Standards
- Provide coverage when Production Supervisor is unavailable/on leave
- Enter daily downtime into tracker
- Assist on shift handoffs as appropriate
- Thorough understanding of quality standards and process
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED equivalent; computer proficiency (Word and Excel). Forklift certification required (must obtain if selected and do not have). Must be a team-oriented person, able to work in fast-paced environment, and have a good mechanical aptitude.
Two to three years related experience and/or training preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma/GED
- Experience in a manufacturing plant
- Exhibited leadership qualities within projects or quantifiable actions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated mastery of all production operations/or be trained to each standard
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Excel, CMS or other data gathering/reporting tools
- Two years of previous leadership experience
- Two years of experience in a manufacturing plant
- Familiarity with injection-molding
- Lean Manufacturing experience
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to heat and cold and the risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Job Family DIR
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Springfield, MO, USA