Material Handler - Nights
The Material Handlers duties include pulling color by work order, loading, and unloading resin, moving material, hauling scrap and more. The Material Handler must work to ensure smooth and consistent operation to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
You have the responsibility as an employee at Buckhorn to make a good quality product to exceed our customer expectations. You have the authority and responsibility to initiate recommendations to resolve problems and continuously improve our Quality Management. Total Quality Management involves all employees at Buckhorn to be dedicated to participating in improving our processes, our products, and our culture. Quality product starts and ends with you! Take pride in your work by providing a clean & functioning product for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Buckhorn policies and OSHA standards
- Ensures all jobs are running the proper resins and additives as outlined in the BOM
- Ensures all material transfers are performed properly and accurately when resins are moved physically
- Checks WO to ensure correct material is on the line, and staged at the machines
- Clean filters on all central vacuum systems; must complete lock out tag out training
- Breakdown all empty material bins
- Check Maguires daily at shift starts and work order changes, assist MO on color changes
- Checking schedules to assist with cut offs at end of run, cutting off material from Maguire’s to hoppers
- Unloads resin from rail cars into silos; loads and unloads repro trailers
- Hooks up blenders to silos and machines by resin grades
- Maintain a clean rail yard
- Monitor and reports material levels, color usage and regrind
- Moves materials away from lines when work orders are complete; pick-up/separate purge, weigh and dispose in proper trailer
- Ensure all finished MODs, and scrap is banded to be picked up
- Implement and maintain 6-S organization tools
Education and Experience
- Fork-lift certification required or must obtain if selected for position
- Six months of related experience and/or training
- Ability to communicate in a positive and clear way
Nice to Have:
- High school diploma/GED
- One plus year of related experience and/or training
- Three years of experience within the plant or manufacturing environment
- Lean Manufacturing experience
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb, or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to heat and cold and the risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Springfield, MO, USA