Buckhorn, a Myers Industries Company (NYSE: MYE), an industry-leading manufacturer offering an extensive selection of reusable bulk boxes, hand-held containers and pallets designed to protect products, improve workflow, lower operating costs and increase profitability. Buckhorn provides superior custom capabilities that fit your precise applications.
The Financial Analyst contributes to all FP&A cycles and provides support to Executive Management through the development of reporting, presentation and analyses on business performance and ad hoc topics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation and execution of annual budget and quarterly forecast processes.
- Partner with department owners to review analysis of monthly results vs. annual budget and incorporate feedback into the forecasting process.
- Assist in the preparation of executive presentations.
- Prepare and distribute recurring and ad hoc management reports.
- Develop analysis and insights for key financial drivers and metrics.
- Analyze financial statements, identifying key risks and opportunities to the plans, monitoring actions to ensure delivery of financial commitments, and explaining variances to plans.
- Collaborate with accounting during monthly / quarterly close to review and ensure accuracy of reports and results.
- Assist with initiatives to improve financial processes including data centralization for more streamlined reporting and analytics.
- Supports other projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience with Hyperion reporting applications is a plus.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with good problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and quality of work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and continually evolving business environment.
- Overall comprehensive understanding of business processes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, required
- 3-5 years of related experience in finance
- Prior experience in a Manufacturing environment a plus
- MBA or CPA a plus
- Typical office environment
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee regularly is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Only local candidates will be considered for this opportunity. Relocation assistance is not available. This position is not eligible for VISA sponsorship.
- Job Function Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Milford, OH, USA