Quality Inspector - Nights
Buckhorn, a Myers Industries Company (NYSE: MYE), an industry-leading manufacturer offering an extensive selection of reusable bulk boxes, hand-held containers and pallets designed to protect products, improve workflow, lower operating costs and increase profitability. Buckhorn provides superior custom capabilities that fit your precise applications.
The Quality Inspector’s duties include auditing finished product against the specification and work order and reporting any findings as directed. Additionally audit duties may include, but not be limited to, product dimensional audits, production process compliance audits, molding process audits, and audits of received materials. The person in this position must be motivated, team-oriented person with a strong level of attention to detail, possess the ability to understand and apply blueprint and specification requirements, be able to perform in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment, have good problem-solving skills and a good technical aptitude.
You have the responsibility as an employee at Buckhorn to make a good quality product to exceed our customer expectations. You have the authority and responsibility to initiate recommendations to resolve problems and continuously improve our Quality Management. Total Quality Management involves all employees at Buckhorn to be dedicated to participating in improving our processes, our products, and our culture. Quality product starts and ends with you! Take pride in your work by providing a clean & functioning product for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Buckhorn policies and OSHA standards
• Make skid move tags, create SMT for tag RTS
• Verify posting errors at the end of each shift
• Correct/Verify open batches, lead to verify
• Tracking/Audit line closeouts and set-up
• Visually audit parts on presses several times each shift. Must notify the supervisor or manager ASAP if issues are detected
• Perform “First” Articles and Documentation. Must notify the supervisor or manager ASAP if issues are detected
• Audit for any packing discrepancies. Must notify the supervisor or manager ASAP if issues are detected
• As directed, audit dimensional attributes of product. Must notify the supervisor or manager ASAP if issues are detected
• As directed, audit operators’ performance against standard work requirements. Must notify the supervisor or manager ASAP if issues are detected
• As directed, audit/test incoming materials against company standards and specifications. Must notify the supervisor or manager ASAP if issues are detected
• As directed, audit machine process parameters against approved process documents. Must notify the supervisor or manager ASAP if issues are detected
• Accurately maintain records of all audit activities
• Work to ensure and maintain ISO9001 quality requirements
• Implement and maintain 6-S organization tools
Education and Experience
• High school diploma/GED
• One to three month’s related experience and/or training; preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Computer proficiency (Word & Excel); required
• Knowledge and understanding of the ISO procedures for inspection; required
• Ability to read, understand and use calipers and other test and measuring equipment; required
• 6 months or more production experience; preferred
• Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to speak effectively to employees of organization
• Ability to do two mathematical operations to arrive at the solution
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb, or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to heat and cold and the risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Job Family INDIR
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Springfield, MO, USA