$2,000 Hiring Bonus
Work Monday-Thursday, 10 hour shifts, have off EVERY Friday, Saturday & Sunday!
Plymouth Tube Company is a global specialty manufacturer of carbon alloy, nickel alloy, and stainless precision steel tubing. Plymouth Engineered Shapes manufactures titanium, stainless, nickel alloy, carbon & alloy semi-finished extrusions and semi-finished shaped bar. Comprised of eight manufacturing plants and nine business units, Plymouth Tube is a family-owned company with fourth generation leadership.
This mill position is expected to achieve targeted results in safety, production output and product quality. The Weld Technician safely operates all tube welding mills to exceed or meeting productivity and quality expectations. Along with setup and adjusting of all continuous tube weld mills. Must be able to demonstrate strong general mechanical skills. Must be trainable and be able to demonstrate acceptable levels of comprehension in the inspection processes. Needs to be able to use measuring equipment, including micrometers and tape measures.
- Participate in the plant safety initiatives, work safely at all times, identify and address unsafe acts and conditions, and practice expected housekeeping expectations while focusing on continuous process improvement using mill lean principles.
- Work within area of responsibility through the use of visual management methods and take corrective actions as necessary to meet operating objectives such as product quality and production output expectations.
- Be available to efficiently execute the production plan to ensure on time delivery to our customers.
- Train in and consistently execute policies, procedures, work instructions, and manufacturing processes proficiently every day.
- As directed by PTC leadership, maintain equipment, perform basic preventative maintenance and engage in equipment troubleshooting activities.
- Embrace and participate in a mill operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, mutual trust and respect, expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
- Consistently demonstrate and own the Plymouth Tube values and behaviors to develop and transform the Company culture.
- Eagerly participate in problem solving teams and kaizen events in order to improve operating performance.
- Safely operates all tube welding mills to exceed or meet productivity and quality expectations. Along with setup and adjusting of all continuous tube weld mills.
- Advises and assists welding operators on mill operations, setups, and adjustments. May make periodic inspection checks to determine type of adjustments.
- Completes destructive and nondestructive tube quality checks as required and necessary.
- Prepares various rolls, clamps, bars, and mandrels for changeovers or replacement.
- Installs and reconditions electrodes.
- Maintains perishable tooling and supplies as needed for the mill.
- Maintains proper operating standards for the tooling and product and records it.
- Maintains correct and continuous supply of strip steel from storage area to welder.
- Operates any welder temporarily for relief purposes.
- Performs the Standard Work Instructions (SWI’s) for the Welding Dept.
- Operates cranes.
- Makes splice welds for continuous welding.
- Hazardous waste management
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Previous manufacturing experience is preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each day all essential job duty satisfactorily.
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math calculations without difficulty or additional assistance.
- Must be trainable and be able to demonstrate acceptable levels of comprehension on various types of equipment and machinery and various aspects of intricate production techniques.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong general mechanical skills.
- Must actively support, participate and positively embrace an empowered team culture and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to concentrate in a dynamic work environment and be detail-oriented in order to maintain desired levels of quality, keep accurate accounts of time and production and achieve expected levels of throughput while maintaining a safe working environment.
- May be exposed to moderate noise intensity
- May be exposed to noise, dust, fumes, airborne particles, smoke (Not over OSHA permissible exposure levels)
- Safety training and equipment are provided by Plymouth in accordance with applicable law, industry standards and company policy
- Will be required to wear applicable PPE
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be continually met on a daily basis by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is continually expected to stand and walk for periods up to 8 hours (overtime as required) per shift with two 10 minute and one 20-minute break period. The employee must be able to do this without the aid of any physical or motorized devices. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, or squat to work on equipment or perform manufacturing processes. This must be able to be done in a narrow or tight space if required. The employee must be capable of ascending and descending stairs to cross production lines and work on equipment. The employee must be able to step down un-assisted to work on equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job Function Group P
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $21.25
- Required Education High School
- East Troy, WI 53120, USA