Salisbury, MD, USA Req #742
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
This position is responsible for safely providing equipment that is dependable, repeatable, and available for meeting customer expectations. This person is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing machinery, equipment, and pipe and electrical systems according to work instructions.
- Actively participate as part of the maintenance team in the efforts to increase runtime of the entire facility
- Constantly search for, recommend, and implement repairs or process changes necessary for Plymouth Tube to continually improve equipment as measured by reduced downtime, increased mean time between failures and reduced time to repair.
- Execute PM, Proactive, and Predictive maintenance techniques
- Breakdown troubleshooting and corrective action
- Work Order execution and root cause analysis
- Equipment installation and improvement
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment.
- Perform other duties and assignments as assigned
- Model Plymouth Tube values and behaviors as outlined in the Mission Statement
I. PeopleII. Customer FocusIII. Communication & EnvironmentIV. Long-term orientation
- Represent Plymouth Tube in a professional manner
- Follow all company Environmental and Safety policies, procedures and standards
- Follow all company Quality Standards
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2-year Electro-Mechanical degree or equivalent technical/Vocational degree preferred
- 5 years hands on maintenance experience preferred
- Must be knowledgeable about maintenance techniques, must have control / instrument skills, and be familiar with machining
- Must have experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems troubleshooting
- Experienced in boiler and steam, lubrication technology and applications, preferred
- Must have basic computer skills
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Verbal Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; demonstrates group presentation skills
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation
Dependability- The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be exposed to moderate noise intensity
- May be exposed to noise, dust, fumes, airborne particles, smoke (Not over OSHA permissible exposure levels)
- Safety training and equipment are provided by Plymouth in accordance with applicable law, industry standards and company policy
Must wear appropriate and required PPE on shop floor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is continually expected to stand and walk for periods up to 10 hours (overtime as required) per shift with two 10 minute and one 20-minute break period. The employee must be able to do this without the aid of any physical or motorized devices. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, or squat to work on equipment or perform manufacturing processes. This must be able to be done in a narrow or tight space if required. The employee must be capable of ascending and descending stairs to cross production lines and work on equipment. The employee must be able to step down un-assisted to work on equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Job Function Group P
- Pay Type Hourly
- Salisbury, MD, USA