Finish Operator - 3rd Shift Hopkinsville, KY
(This position does not support sponsorship.)
Check us out at: http://www.simple2hire.com/PTC_info.html
(See what we do, what it’s like to work with us, benefits we offer and the TV Shows we've been)
Plymouth is a 95-year-old, 5th generation family business that is a global specialty manufacturer of carbon alloy, nickel alloy, and stainless precision steel tubing with 10 locations.
We have a great family-based culture where the CEO cares for our employees vs. a number. We have 4 strong Plymouth Pillars we stand by; People, Customer Focus, Community & Environment, and Long-Term Sustainability which we make decisions based on living our Plymouth Pillars- It’s not lip service.
Summary: Works in the Finish Department achieve targeted results in safety, product quality, and output.
- Ability to operate department equipment: Stretcher, Saws, Blaster, Sander Furnace, Pickling, Area, Bump Presses, and Inspection, in a safe and efficient manner.
Participates in Continuous Improvement activities and maintains Plymouth Tube Housekeeping
- Reviews/records component data, when needed.
- Ability to execute the production plan to ensure on time delivery to our customers.
Updates Value Stream Leader and or department LPM on employee, quality, production and
- Inspects and inventories site-generated hazardous waste staging areas.
- Assists the transfer of site-generated hazardous waste to on-site staging areas.
- Directs storage of site-generated hazardous waste in the hazardous waste staging areas.
- Conducts inspections of Satellite Accumulation Areas.
Own and role model Plymouth Tube values and behaviors by embracing and participating in an
operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, mutual trust & respect,
expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
Understands, applies, and advocates all Company Environmental and Safety policies,
procedures and standards.
- Understands, applies and advocates all Company Quality Standards.
- Attends all prerequisite training as required by management.
- Has the authority to stop process to correct quality, safety or environmental problems, and to promptly notify Supervisory personnel when processes are noncompliant
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision.
- Receptive to new and different ideas
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required. Previous manufacturing experience is preferred but not required.
Certificates/Licenses/Registration: Powered Industrial Equipment Certification
Technology and Equipment: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a working knowledge of:
- Windows operating systems & programs
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use calipers
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the following language skills:
1. Can speak and communicate effectively to technical and non-technical team members.
2. Can correctly interpret documents such as written instructions, spreadsheets, drawings, lists and manuals.
Demonstrate ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals, negative and positive numbers. Demonstrate ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs & use the Metric System.
Physical Demands: See Finish Medical Standards Matrix
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, heavy equipment and stored energy in the form of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical and gravitational energy. The noise level in the work environment is above 85 dcB and hearing protection is required. Due to manufacturing technologies utilized in the area common contaminants such as dirt, dust, grease, oil steel chips and water will be present. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. Also, may be exposed to fumes or dust.
Whew! That's a lot of stuff!
Oh yeah, and we are an
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Job Function Group P
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hopkinsville, KY, USA