Check us out at: http://www.simple2hire.com/PTC_info.html
(See what we do, what it’s like to work with us, benefits we offer and the TV Shows we've been)
Plymouth is a 95-year-old, 5th generation family business that is a global specialty manufacturer of carbon alloy, nickel alloy, and stainless precision steel tubing with 10 locations.
We have a great family-based culture where the CEO cares for our employees vs. a number. We have 4 strong Plymouth Pillars we stand by; People, Customer Focus, Community & Environment, and Long-Term Sustainability which we make decisions based on living our Plymouth Pillars- It’s not lip service.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Set up and operate tube forming mill, laser weld system, and associated equipment.
- Uses shear end welder to splice coils together. Threads up mill after retooling.
- Initiates tube seam welding and adjusts welding parameters, including gas flows, welding power, and torch position, to meet quality standards.
- Correctly uses forming and sizing tooling to achieve specified tube size.
- Sets length counter system, which automatically cuts tube to specified weld length.
- Starts machine and observes all aspects of machine operation for compliance with procedures and proper operation, maximizing yield and minimizing downtime.
- Visually examines; welds, for adherence to specifications and checks samples; outside diameter, inside diameter, thickness, flange testing, etch testing.
- Records all data specified in quality and production reports.
- Responsible for total productive maintenance tasks, such as inspection, specified lubrication of equipment, checking bearings and consumable components for wear, and performance checks for safety of equipment such as emergency stops, limit switches, etc.
- Safe and efficient operation of forming mill and welding system and recut machines.
- Adjusts machine setup to vary size, location, and penetration of bead.
- Communicates vital information to incoming shift personnel.
- Performs retooling of mill to accommodate variation in outside diameter size and wall thickness.
- Records data for Quality and Production departments.
- Additional Responsibilities (as assigned by Department Manager or General Manager)
- May operate Crane or forklift.
- Model Plymouth Tube values and behaviors as outlined in the Mission Statement
- Represent Plymouth Tube in a professional manner.
- Follow all company Environmental and Safety policies, procedures, and standards.
- Follow all company Quality Standards
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred but not required.
- Past industrial manufacturing experience, preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Experience with plasma cutter, acetylene torches, arc welders and brazing equipment.
- Care and Commitment: Consistently reliable, follows work instructions, investigates any inconsistencies, and looks ahead to next steps.
- Communication: Is respectfully persistent when needing information from others and follows through on any verbal or written commitment made to others.
- Customer Service Skills: Provides timely feedback and resolves problems quickly.
- Independence: Can perform job without much guidance, can work alone without isolating entirely, being conscious of the need to update others on projects or progress.
- Integrity: Demonstrates personal integrity (does what they say they will do) and pursues process integrity, maintains knowledge of all production processes.
- Initiative: Initiates problem solving to address issues, acts without being told or directed, actively participates in resolution, seeks best alternative even if it challenges the status quo
- Problem Solving: Comes up with sensible, realistic, practical solutions to problems.
- Safety: Participates in safety efforts enthusiastically, always with an eye for achieving the very best, approaches auditing with a commitment toward learning and improving equally.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, at times can be high. Majority of work is performed inside (non-climate-controlled facility). Employees in this position are regularly required to walk, stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel. They are frequently required to reach with hands and arms. They are occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear and regularly required to lift 10 pounds and occasionally required to lift to 85 pounds. Safety glasses, hearing protection and other PPE are required in designated areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Whew! That's a lot of stuff!
- Job Function Group P
- Pay Type Hourly
- West Monroe, LA, USA