Do you have experience with Esprit, Solidworks, Haas, Okuma as a Machinist or CNC Machinist?
Summary: Provides support in fabrication of tooling, stretcher jaws and other maintenance and engineering requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to operate all Machine Shop equipment, including but not limited to: CNC Controlled Machines, Surface Grinder, Belt Sanders, Lathes, Mills, Band Saws, Drill Press, Pedestal Grinders.
- Ability to program CNC controlled equipment (HAAS, Okuma)
- Participates in regularly scheduled Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities.
- Reads and draws blueprints and geometric dimensions and tolerance.
- Involved in 6s and Continuous Improvement related activities.
- Updates Value Stream Leader on employee, quality, production, and safety issues.
- Inspects and inventories site-generated hazardous waste staging areas.
- Assists the transfer of site-generated hazardous waste to on-site staging areas.
- Directs storage of site-generated hazardous waste in the hazardous waste staging areas.
- Conducts inspections of Satellite Accumulation Areas.
- Keeps shop in neat and orderly.
- Own and role model Plymouth Tube values and behaviors by embracing and participating in an operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, mutual trust & respect, expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
- Understands, applies, and advocates all Company Environmental and Safety policies, procedures, and standards.
- Understands, applies, and advocates all Company Quality Standards.
- Attends all training as required by management.
- Has the authority to stop process to correct quality, safety, or environmental problems, and to promptly notify Supervisory personnel when processes are noncompliant
1. Ability to work in a team environment
2. Ability to take direction and work independently, when needed.
3. Are confident in their skills and abilities; but willing to ask for assistance when needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Degree from a technical school with a concentration in CNC programming (CNC Machinist certificate or diploma) or combination of CNC experience in a manufacturing environment and education (High School Diploma/GED minimum).
Certificates/Licenses/Registration: Forklift certification, Crane Certification, CNC Programming Certificate (preferred)
Technology and Equipment: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a working knowledge of:
- CNC codes and Equipment
- Espirit Software program
- Solid Works
- Windows operating systems & programs
- Vertical CNC
- Horizontal CNC Lathes
- Haas/Okuma CNC experience is a plus
- Standard hand tools and measurement equipment such as Micrometers, calipers, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the following language skills:
- Can speak and communicate effectively to technical and non-technical staff at all levels.
- Can read information and technical concepts. Can correctly interpret documents such as written instructions, blueprints, spreadsheets, drawings, lists and manuals.
Demonstrate ability to add, subtract, multiply, trigonometry and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals, negative and positive numbers. Demonstrate ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs & use the Metric System.
Physical Demands: See Machine Shop Medical Standard Matrix
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, heavy equipment, and stored energy in the form of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical and gravitational energy. The noise level in the work environment is above 85 dcB and hearing protection is required. Due to manufacturing technologies utilized in the area common contaminants such as dirt, dust, grease, oil steel chips and water will be present. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. Also, may be exposed to fumes or dust.
- Job Function Group P
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hopkinsville, KY, USA