Check us out at: http://www.simple2hire.com/PTC_info.html
(See what we do, what it's like to work with us, benefits, and the TV Shows we've been on.)
Celebrating 100 years in 2024, Plymouth Tube Company is a fifth-generation family-owned, precision metals manufacturer. Our products include tubing, extruded shapes, and cold-drawn shapes spanning specialty carbon, alloy, stainless steel, nickel alloy, and titanium. Headquartered in Warrenville, Illinois, with seven plants in the U.S. and one in Germany, Plymouth is known for offering industry-leading service levels and unique technical innovations.
We have a great family-based culture guided by these four values: People, Customer Focus, Community & Environment, and Long-Term Orientation. These values serve as pillars to support our mission statement: ‘We are committed to providing products and services that meet or exceed our customers' expectations.’
Plymouth Tube is looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious team member to join our Maintenance team. This person must embrace change, be self-motivated, and inspire others inside and outside the department. The individual should be able to communicate directly and openly with all levels in our organization. There will be many opportunities for the successful candidate to engage their innovative and creative problem-solving skills to help move the department to the next level. It is a must that the Maintenance Technician has a high degree of personal integrity in dealing with customers, superiors, subordinates, and co-workers and will represent Plymouth Tube Company in a professional manner. The successful candidate will live both in the big picture as well as in the details, desire to make an impact, and work well in a team and individually.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This position is responsible for safely providing equipment that is dependable, repeatable, and available for meeting customer expectations. This person is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing machinery, equipment, pipe, and electrical systems according to work instructions.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Execute Preventive Maintenance, proactive and predictive maintenance techniques.
- Breakdown trouble shooting and corrective action.
- Work order execution and root cause analysis.
- Equipment installation and improvements.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Installs, programs, or repairs, automated machinery, and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment.
- Perform other duties and assignments as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2-year Electro-Mechanical degree or equivalent technical/Vocational degree preferred.
- 5 years hands on maintenance experience preferred.
- Must have experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems troubleshooting.
- Experienced in boiler and steam, lubrication technology and applications, preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be knowledgeable about maintenance techniques and be familiar with machining.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Benefits effective 30 days from date of hire
- Medical, Dental and Vision, HSA, FSA
- 401k Matching, Life Insurance, STD/LTD
- 100% covered tuition reimbursement (including books & reasonable expenses)
- Wellness Program / Lifestyle Rewards / Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Career Arching: Plymouth allows for a great depth & breadth of knowledge in which you can wear many hats and be exposed to several opportunities.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Verbal Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Dependability. The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Whew! That's a lot of stuff!
Oh yeah, and we are an
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Job Function Group P
- Pay Type Salary
- Winamac, IN 46996, USA