Develops, implements, and coordinates quality assurance program in order to ensure that customers’ needs are met or exceeded. Ensures that quality systems are both followed and effective. Provides technical support for the other groups and provides customer support at a variety of levels.
- Provide expectations, accountability and direction to direct reports, and ensure all quality personnel are trained in and consistently execute policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Design and implement a process control plan to ensure customer satisfaction and to minimize the total cost of quality.
- Lead the policy deployment process within the quality assurance function.
- Own, manage, and provide oversight to the quality management system.
- Manage customer relationships relative to customer needs, concerns, dissatisfactions, audits, inspections, etc.
- Be a productive member of the market and management teams of the business.
- Support an operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
- Lead problem solving teams and kaizen events in order to improve operating performance.
- Acts as AS9100 and NADCAP Management Representative
- Champion health and safety initiatives within the quality functions to ensure employee safety.
- Manage NDT certification program to ensure compliance to ASNT-TC-1A standards.
- Understands, applies and advocates all Company Environmental and Safety policies, procedures and standards.
- This is a hands-on position requiring active participation in activities such as equipment calibration and management, internal audits, document preparation and management, training, sample shipments, problem solving, staffing, procurement
- Understands, applies and advocates all Company Quality Standards.
- Attends all prerequisite training as required by management.
- Has the authority to stop process to correct quality, safety or environmental problems, and to promptly notify Supervisory personnel when processes are noncompliant
• Model Plymouth Tube values and behaviors as outlined in the Mission Statement.
• Represent Plymouth Tube in a professional manner.
• Follow all company Environmental and Safety policies, procedures and standards.
• Follow all company Quality Standards.
Supervisory Responsibilities (If applicable)
Quality Engineer, Lab Technicians, Quality and Compliance Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Materials Science or comparable technical degree.
- Metallurgical background strongly preferred. Previous experience with stainless steel or other steel alloys. Understands basic metallurgical concepts, measurements, laboratory tests and can interpret metallurgical test results.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- Experience in lean manufacturing and/or six sigma techniques are required.
- Must have a good understanding of problem-solving techniques.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required:
- Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis; Quality Operating System (QOS); Process Control Plans; Capability Studies; Statistical Process Control; Quality Policy; Work Instructions, Procedures, Internal Audits, Team Oriented Problem Solving, AQP (Advance Quality Planning), knowledge of modern quality techniques and systems.
- Working knowledge of AS9100 and NADCAP.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment and manufacturing technology changes.
Analytical skills - Identifies significant problems & opportunities. Analyzes problems and people in depth. Sorts the wheat from the chaff, determining root causes.
Resourcefulness / Initiative - Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. Shows bias for action. A results orientated “doer”.
Organization / Planning - Plans, organizes, schedules & budgets in efficient, organized manner. Focuses on key priorities. Independence - Willingness to take an independent stand.
Customer Focus - Monitors client satisfaction (internal or external). Establishes partner relationship with clients. Visible & accessible to clients.
Problem Solving - Most effective in following through on solution, tracking results, reporting changes, challenges, or improvements to appropriate personnel.
Written & verbal communication – Communicates well one on one, in small groups and public speaking. Writes clear, precise, well-organized documents using appropriate vocabulary, grammar & word usage.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and moving mechanical parts.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, at times can be high.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job;
• Employees in this position are regularly required to walk, stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel. They are frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
• They are occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear and regularly required to lift 10 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Safety glasses, hearing protection and other PPE are required in designated areas.
- Job Function Group 2
- Pay Type Salary
- Salisbury, MD, USA