Data Engineer II - Max Digital (Data Operations)
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
Who we are looking for:
MAX Digital is looking for a Data Operations Engineer to join our growing team and boost our data quality and data control efforts to meet customer and market demand. You will be working with the Product, Customer Success, Customer Support, Account Management, Engineering & Data Operations teams as well as a group of dedicated industry professionals to support some of the most advanced tools in the automotive retail industry.
What you will do:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Analyze and address data customization requests & quality issues reported by our customers.
- Configure, manage and test data integrations for our customers.
- Triage and resolve all data-related customer cases escalated by the Help Desk (L1) team
- Work with product managers & engineering to determine & track meaningful metrics and KPIs.
- Build data visualizations / dashboards to communicate key insights
- Translate ad-hoc internal and external data requests into reusable data tools that can scale to answer broader questions.
- Work with complex data to solve a wide variety of challenges using statistical approaches such as exploratory data analysis to provide insights and recommendations.
- Quality assurance and data validation of new data products and services developed by engineering teams.
- Identify and leverage data pipelines across the data fabric of ACV to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis, identify trends, and provide solutions to business partners.
- Work with product managers and operation teams to understand the business pipeline, review new products and identify related data sources for analysis.
- Develop and analyze large data sets using all required tools from data gathering, data quality check, query data, and BI.
- Communicate and follow up with stakeholders to understand their needs and questions converting business challenges into technical requirements and present analysis to stakeholders.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, or related field(s) involving complex data analysis (or relevant experience)
- 3 years’ professional experience using SQL to write complex queries and transformations to analyze data across large and complex data sets.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Experience optimizing SQL queries for performance.
- Proficient in analyzing data across various platforms with multiple tools like Microsoft SQL Server, BigQuery, Excel, Google Sheets, MongoDB, etc.
- Expert working knowledge of Excel / Google Sheets
- Experience working with Python Notebooks for data analysis (strong emphasis on pandas, numpy, etc)
- Comfortable working with APIs to query & integrate output with other related datasets for analysis.
- Experience working in AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform environments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Internal and external “Customer-first” mentality to meet or exceed needs of the organization and its customers.
- Strong ability to effectively summarize, document and communicate both internally to technical and non-technical teammates and externally to customers at all levels.
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Nice to Have
- Advanced proficiency in Python, R, TypeScript, or other scripting languages
- Experience with data visualization / dashboarding tools like Tableau, Looker Studio, etc.
- Comfortable working with other types of APIs (e.g. GraphQL)
- Experience with data engineering workflow management systems (e.g. Apache Airflow)
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Product & Technology
- Job Function Data Science
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required No
- Austin, TX, USA
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Florida, USA
- Minneapolis, MN, USA