Histotech - Birmingham, AL
Patient and employee safety is our first priority at Advanced Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery! We are currently seeking a highly motivated Histotech. The environment is a medical office for a well-known dermatology company. We pride ourselves in becoming the largest dermatology practice in the country, with no plans on stopping! We are committed on providing the best experience and care for our patients.
- Current ASCP certification (HT) or registry eligible
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A Minimum of one year experience in the following:
- Special Stains
- Prolonged sitting
- Repetitive hand, wrist and shoulder motion
- Lifting up to 25 lbs. occasionally
- Detail oriented
EXAMPLE OF WORK PERFORMED
The omission of specific statements or
descriptions does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed
herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
- Processing, embedding, cutting, staining and coverslipping.
- Accessioning all specimens along with other team members.
- Performing special stains, following protocols.
- Putting slides together with requisitions – double checking for accuracy.
- Cutting control slides.
- Quality control.
- Must adhere to all department protocols and procedures.
- Must be reliable, dependable and have an excellent attendance history.
- Must be a team player.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Benefit Packages
- Pay Type Hourly
- Birmingham, AL, USA