Technical Services - HVAC Tech II
To ensure guests to Mall of America have a positive shopping and entertainment experience. Part of a team of technicians to perform preventative maintenance and service on HVAC mechanical and related equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on all MOA, NU and Theatres HVAC equipment.
- Perform testing, repairs and calibrations on all MOA Building Systems equipment.
- Utilize Andover Building Management System (BMS) to control, troubleshoot and monitor all HVAC mechanical equipment.
- Use BMS to control property lighting, adjust temperatures settings and troubleshoot tenant HVAC equipment.
- Analyze HVAC system performance and ensure safe and peak operating efficiency.
- Lead other Engineering Technicians on small projects such as mechanical smoke testing, system upgrades and major repair.
- Respond to emergency calls concerning life and fire safety, fire sprinkler system, water, gas and take corrective action.
- Collect and organize information regarding water and natural gas usage by property and tenants.
- Ability to install monitor and maintain HVAC, lighting and system controls and equipment.
- Assist mall tenants with concerns of equipment operation and space temperature.
- Ensure the overall safety of the immediate work area as well as surrounding areas.
- Provide outstanding internal and external guest service.
- Ensure sufficient inventories of supplies and parts are maintained and assist Engineering Supervisor with purchases of such items.
- Perform other duties related to building maintenance and repair.
- Regular, reliable and consistent attendance
- Additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Trade school or Vocational/Technical Certificate in area of commercial, industrial, refrigeration, air conditioning service and operation.
- Educational background in HVAC system operation, with knowledge of air systems and components.
- Minimum 2 in the refrigeration field building systems operations.
- Certification in refrigerant recovery.
- Strong background in electrical troubleshooting and reading control schematics.
- Knowledge of mechanical maintenance and service.
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical blueprints and plumbing drawings.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents related to applicable areas and document service repairs.
- Good communication skills and ability to consult with tenants.
- Rotating weekend work with rotations with other team members.
PREFERED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Current Minnesota Power Limited Technician License.
- Three years field experience in HVAC system operation.
- Knowledge of building life and safety systems operation, such as Andover and Simplex.
- Basic computer and typing skills.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Work from heights up to 80 ft when using life equipment- Infrequently
- Work on flat roofs up to 150 ft- Frequently
- Use ladders up to 20 ft- Periodically
- Work in ceiling areas- Periodically
- Lift/ carry and or unload freight of up to 100 per piece- Infrequently
- Able to climb 8 flights of stairs- Infrequently
- Stand and move- Constantly
- Sitting- Infrequently
- Kneel and bending- Frequently
- Reach at or below shoulder level- Frequently
- Reach at or above shoulder level- Frequently
- Perform repetitive motion- Periodically
- Stoop/Squat- Periodically
Pay type: full time
- Job Family MOA
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bloomington, MN, USA