Product Development Specialist
Automotive Product Testing Technician
Responsible for the testing and evaluation of new and existing products for the Rotating Electric business. Will lead efforts to assist in product analysis, resourcing, quality, and warranty concerns, as well as providing technical expertise to the warehouse team. Perspective candidates should have a strong background working with automotive equipment, testing equipment, and in a warehouse environment.
- High School diploma with 1-3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree in automotive technology is a plus.
- Technical capability to assemble and disassemble electrical parts such as starters, alternators, and similar electrical products.
- Knowledge and experience with any or all power sports, agriculture, and /or outdoor power equipment products is a plus.
- Exposure to a range of manufacturing processes is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work well in a team-based environment and independently.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Background working with Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with PIM and ERP system business applications.
- Responsible for assigned projects and product lines.
- Maintain and grow assigned product line through targeted research using specific analytical tools available, gathering VOC from the industry and formulating product strategy, reviewing competitor product offerings, and working with other facilities to identify possible complements to products in adjacent lines.
- Research profitable and strategic new parts for AEP brands seeking innovative ideas with competitive advantages.
- Technical review and documentation of product specifications, fitments, dimensions, and applications.
- Setup and perform dynamic testing of electrical products on computer-controlled test benches.
- Manage projects across multiple product channels to meet desired business objectives.
- Stay current with industry trends and products through event attendance, online research, product groups, and trade shows as requested.
- Commercialize products and provide product training to sales team.
- Lead and maintain the generation of product roadmaps for immediate, 2 year, and 5-year timelines.
- Provide required documentation/technical information as needed to support new product sourcing and quality.
- Assist with product launches and preparation of market information.
- Assist in various activities required to support new product sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job Family NPD
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Job Start Date Wednesday, August 9, 2023
- Portland, TN 37148, USA