CNC Machine Programmer
JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
A CNC (computer numerically controlled) Programmer produces machined parts by interpreting project blueprints, designing programs and setting up machines to produce the component outlined in the program. They are responsible for performing test runs and adjusting until the resulting product meets blueprint specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Maintains stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; communicating required orders for stock.
- Set-up lathes by installing and adjusting collets, tools, tool holders, attachments, bushings, stops, and stock pushers.
- Install settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces, adhering to all standards
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; replacing worn tools & inserts; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Routine communication on plan attainment, quality updates/concerns, roadblocks/barriers identified to Supervisor
- Working knowledge of all positions and help execute work when necessary to stay on schedule
- Oversight of Department organization; including housekeeping and presentation
- Periodic review/audit of work practice to documented procedures
- Monitor shift personnel and report any positive and negative performance indicators
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing daily preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuous needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Complete all documentation as required for each work order
- Immediately communicate concerns related to manufacturing processes to supervision, particularly those that affect safety or product quality
- May perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS –The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Associates Level of Degree in the Advanced Manufacturing field of study
- Equivalent work related experience acceptable in lieu of degree Yes
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in CNC Operations/Programming.
- No Certifications Required
- Any preferred education, experience, or certifications: CNC Programming
- Ability to follow an SOP.
- Ability to read micrometers and use quality control gauges.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Basic understanding of arithmetic and geometry.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, and pin gauges.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communication both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance. instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to Manufacturing Clean Room Environment.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 35lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to regularly stand and walk to perform production tasks. Required to perform repetitive movement while demonstrating proficient hand and eye coordination, hand dexterity and good vision.
- This position requires some travel up to 0% of the time
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
AngioDynamics does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from third-party recruiters and/or vendors who are not expressly under current written contract.
Your ultimate salary may vary depending on your job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Job Family 7.0 Operatives
- Job Function Mfg Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate $45.00
- Queensbury, NY, USA