Health is a new, innovative healthcare provider devoted to improving the lives of our senior members. We deliver best-in-class care at comfortable, accessible neighborhood clinics where seniors can feel at home and become part of a vibrant, wellness-focused community. Our members experience greater continuity of care, as well as the comfort of knowing they will be treated with respect by people who genuinely care about them, their families, and their communities.
Health requires all new hires to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated from COVID- represent that they will be fully vaccinated within 30 days of their start date.
Reporting to the Director of Cardiac Imaging, the Cardiac Sonographer is a critical member of the care team. The Cardiac Sonographer is responsible for preparing patients and diagnostic equipment for imaging procedures by explaining procedures, performing full transthoracic echocardiography procedures, fielding all member questions, and providing a comfortable setting to the member. The Cardiac Sonographer is also responsible for accurate data entry, assisting physicians in interpreting the data, and ensuring all medical records and clinical systems are up to date.
- Obtain optimal quality Echocardiographic data utilizing 2-D imaging, M-Mode, Continuous Wave, Pulsed Wave, and Color Flow Doppler
- Prepare preliminary reports for physician interpretation
- Utilize ultrasound Enhancing Agents according to ASE guidelines, and perform saline contracts studies as needed
- Explain procedures to members so they are well informed regarding the examination and address any of their concerns
- Accurately track and input test data and patient information into clinical systems and medical records
- Maintain and calibrate equipment, as well as monitor quality control, to ensure accurate results
- Utilize knowledge of each member’s age-specific needs in performance of duties and responsibilities
- Assist with transporting patients to and from exam rooms, ensuring high-level of patient care and satisfaction
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and regionally up to 50% of the time with portable echo machine
- Customer-service orientation, with a focus on patient experience and care throughout interactions
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-orientation for data entry, ensuring accuracy in data reporting and analysis
- High level of emotion intelligence, able to manage stressful situations with grace and determination
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively and work effectively
- Ability to work effectively with various seniorities and diverse populations including staff, providers, members, family members, and vendors
- Excellent critical reasoning, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to analyze situations, determine risks, and find solutions to prevent future issues and resolve recurring defects
Education and Experience:
- All state-level licensures including but not limited to: RDMS, permit for medical imaging, and certifications in basic life support.
- Credentialed as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Minimum two years working as an Imaging Tech
- Proficient PC skills
- Fluency in Spanish or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- Job Family Shared Market Clinical
- Pay Type Salary