TRC - IDD RN Supervisor
SUPERVISING REGISTERED NURSE/RESIDENTIAL SERVICES
RESPONSIBLE TO: Nurse Manager/Residential Services
FUNCTION:To participate as an active member of the program planning team in the assessment, development, implementation, and provision of plans of nursing service, directed toward the achievement of individual healthcare goals and objectives; To provide the supervision, guidance, and support necessary to ensure the competency of professional and paraprofessional staff to skillfully and safely provide nursing service to individuals with diverse and complex medical histories; To provide clinical care to individuals who require varying degrees of nursing intervention and support; To ensure consistent compliance with established treatment plans; To promote a life of hope, dignity, and purposeful living for all.
- Provides assessment, treatment, and care as directed by provider order, established treatment plans, and/or as warranted by medical necessity.
- Acts as primary RN in the coordination of nursing services for all individuals in assigned caseload.
- Ensures timely and accurate dissemination of participant health-related information to all pertinent staff, programs, and families/advocates.
- Participates as an active member of the IDT to ensure two-way communication and promote continuity of nursing services between programs and departments.
- Provides emergency/acute evaluation and intervention, as necessary.
- Advocates for all needed treatment to ensure quality of life and ensures appropriate follow-through/follow-up by all associated parties.
- Ensures surveillance of health status and appropriateness of nursing services provided to all individuals residing in assigned caseload.
- Completes and maintains annual and semi-annual nursing assessments, health specific protocols, plans of nursing service, and other required medical documentation.
- Provides instruction and in-service training regarding participant health issues.
- Promotes universal precautions and models appropriate infection control practices.
- 11. Serves as department liaison for related workgroups/committees.
- 12. Performs all other duties as needed or assigned.
Supervisory: Responsible for the clinical (and select administrative) supervision of RNs, LPNs, Medication Technicians, Medical Aides, and/or AMAP staff, including, but not limited to:
- Making recommendations for hiring, firing, discipline, performance evaluation, in-service education, training, remediation, development, and support of unit and departmental staff.
- Ensuring competency of professional and paraprofessional staff in accordance with current Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Ensuring nursing services provided adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations governing the provision of nursing services, as well as TRC policy and procedure.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must possess strong nursing skills and abilities in order to provide comprehensive care on a daily basis as well as in emergency situations (ability to remain calm and rational is helpful); A firm understanding of current and relevant nursing/medical policies/procedures/practices is essential; Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the assessment and treatment of illness and injury is paramount; Knowledge of medications, prescribed dosages, and potential side effects is critical; Must have sound technical abilities as related to routine and complex nursing tasks, including, but not limited to: G/J tube routes, endotracheal and oral/pharyngeal suctioning, tracheotomy care (site maintenance and cannula patency), principles of oxygen administration, sterile techniques, colostomy, and in-dwelling catheter care. Must possess extensive knowledge of all applicable state and federal healthcare regulations (i.e. HIPPA, etc.); Ability to effectively direct and provide clinical guidance/support to both professional and paraprofessional staff is essential; Comprehensive understanding of person-centered planning and associated principles/methodologies is critical; Must possess strong organizational and time management skills; Must be self-directed and able to initiate and manage multiple responsibilities effectively and efficiently; Excellent verbal and written communication skills across various channels is paramount; Experience with individuals with disabilities is helpful; Ability and willingness to learn new technology (i.e. EMR, etc.) is important; Must be flexible and willing to work non-traditional hours as needed or assigned to meet consumer need (including participation in on-call status on a rotating basis); Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the job; Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds waist high is required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Bachelors Degree in Nursing, or related field, with New York State licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse, plus two (2) years of experience serving in a nursing capacity, one (1) of which must be supervisory in nature; OR Associates Degree in Nursing, or related field, with New York State licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse, plus four (4) years of experience serving in a nursing capacity, two (2) of which must be supervisory in nature. Professional experience in skilled nursing facility strongly preferred. Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record as established by the agency’s insurance carrier, use of a personal vehicle, and willingness to travel is required.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: May be required to provide:
- Hands-on nursing coverage during scheduled and/or unscheduled shifts to ensure continuity and quality of care (including some early morning/late night hours, and possibly weekends/holidays).
- Supervisory coverage and support to multiple sites/caseloads.
- Nursing coverage and support to multiple sites/caseloads. This is a position that is exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. As an Exempt employee, incumbent will receive an annual salary commensurate with assigned responsibilities and salary classification; however, incumbent is expected and required to work as many hours as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
Revised 10/13; 9/14
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Non-graded range, Exempt
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors Degree in Nursing, or related field, with New York State licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse, plus two (2) years of experience serving in a nursing capacity, one (1) of which must be supervisory in nature; OR Associates Degree in Nursing, or related field, with New York State licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse, plus four (4) years of experience serving in a nursing capacity, two (2) of which must be supervisory in nature. Professional experience in skilled nursing facility strongly preferred. Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record as established by the agency’s insurance carrier, use of a personal vehicle, and willingness to travel is required.
The Resource Center is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship status, military status, domestic violence status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, physical or mental disability, any other category protected by law, or any other non-job related characteristic. As needed, The Resource Center will provide reasonable accommodations for disabilities to employees and applicants whenever such accommodation would not create an undue hardship or a safety concern in the conduct of TRC’s operations.
- Job Family TRC - Active - PFL/DBL Eligible
- Pay Type Salary
- Hiring Rate $37.17
- 27 Gifford Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA