TRC - Residence Manager 2
RESIDENCE MANAGER I/DD SERVICES
RESPONSIBLE TO: Residence Coordinator
Responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the residence. Provides supervision and assistance to residence staff and ensures implementation of individualized programming for each individual who resides at the residence. Assists the Residence Coordinator in the development, monitoring and updates of residential habilitation plans. Provides direct input in the assessment, as well as, the design and implementation of individual behavior management programs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must demonstrate strong leadership and teambuilding skills, including but not limited to effective hiring and staffing, directing others, developing direct reports and relevant others, motivating others and confronting direct reports as the need arises. Must possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including compassion, integrity and trust, ethics and values that are consistent with the mission of The Resource Center, fairness to direct reports, listening and keep others informed. Must be action oriented and committed to customer satisfaction. Must possess strong and effective time management, organizational, and problem solving skills, including the ability to establish and adhere to identified priorities, timely decision making and planning. Reliability, adaptability, flexibility and a willingness and availability to work non-traditional hours in order to ensure coverage and to assume on-call responsibilities as needed or assigned. Ability to oversee the delivery of services and manage and oversee staff working on 3 shifts, 7 days/week. Working knowledge of educational/training techniques for individuals with a developmental disability. Good written and verbal communication skills. Good recordkeeping skills and the ability to develop and implement written habilitation plans. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the job, including the ability to lift individuals in order to assist in transferring and positioning and the ability to perform Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) maneuvers or equivalent accommodations is essential.
Residence Manager I:
High school diploma or GED plus five (5) years work experience with favorable work history, preferably in a field of human services; Minimum of one (1) year of which was management/supervisory/administrative capacity. Experience serving individuals with disabilities, including treatment/service planning strongly preferred.
Residence Manager II:
Associate Degree plus five (5) years work experience with favorable work history, preferably in a field of human services. Minimum of one (1) year of which was management/supervisory/administrative capacity. Experience serving individuals with disabilities, including treatment/service planning strongly preferred.
Residence Manager III:
Bachelors Degree plus five (5) years of progressive work experience, preferably in a field of human services. Minimum of one (1) year of which was management/supervisory/administrative capacity. Experience serving individuals with disabilities, including treatment/service planning strongly preferred.
Participation in agency Leadership Career Path maybe substituted for one (1) year of management/supervisory experience.
Responsible for the administrative supervision of assigned residence staff, including but not limited to:
- Hiring, firing, discipline, performance evaluation, in-service education, training, development and support, staff recognition, and time recording.
- Ensures that there are an adequate number of staff to fulfill assigned responsibilities on a daily basis, providing direct support coverage as needed.
- Conducts staff meetings as needed or assigned.
- Ensure the competency and professionalism of assigned staff, taking steps as necessary to improve competency level.
- Completes all required new hire paperwork, employee change forms, time sheets or other personnel-related paperwork and documentation in a timely fashion.
- Schedules the tasks performed daily by the residence staff to ensure the planning and provision of service and care to each individual, including staff scheduling and coverage.
- Provides assistance, guidance, support, and training to residential habilitation staff concerning residential habilitation for individuals, including but not limited to implementation of behaviorally stated objectives, Individual Plans of Protection, healthcare protocols, individual diets and other actions as necessary.
- Provides crisis intervention support services to residential habilitation staff as needed or assigned.
- Promotes through role modeling, training, and direct intervention into staff/resident interactions the treatment of all individuals with dignity and respect.
- Provides for the health, safety and comfort of each individual by initiating work orders, completing requisitions for supplies, meal planning/purchases, or any other process which will ensure a clean, well-maintained and appealing living environment.
- Monitors budget expenditures, including complete fiscal responsibility for petty cash expenditures and individuals’ personal funds. Ensures the security of all funds, property and supplies located at the residence.
- Coordinates transportation to Day Program Services, medical appointments, recreational outings, and trips to visit family and friends in conjunction with the TRC Transportation Department, including scheduling of residence-owned vans and residence staff.
- Ensures that all duties carried out are consistent with and in compliance with regulatory requirements and TRC policy and procedure.
- In conjunction with the Residence Coordinator, responsible for internal and external maintenance and upkeep of assigned residence, including snow removal.
- Responsible for ensuring that all policy and procedure manuals and consumer records are accessible to staff, accurate, thorough and up-to-date.
- Handles day-to-day problems which arise and in any emergency, follows established emergency procedures.
- Conduct pre-placement visits and make recommendations regarding applicant’s appropriateness for placement.
- Participate in quality assurance process, internal quality assurance and OMRDD certification process.
- Participates in trainings as assigned by Administration.
- Participates in and implements, in conjunction with the Residence Coordinator and with the assistance of direct care staff, a daily schedule of activities and/or services based upon behaviorally-written goals and objectives, which is in accordance with each individual’s individual program plan.
- Provides direct input in the assessment, design and implementation of individual behavior support programs.
- Attends annual, semi-annual review and/or other team meetings as necessary. Advises team members of significant problems or progress regarding individual treatment planning and implementation.
- Monitors and ensures the completion of all required documentation and records of individuals and compiles information that is used to document progress. Assists in the adjustment of milestones as needed.
- Assists in the development, monitoring and updates of Staff Action Plans and Individual Plans of Protection.
- Maintains and promotes open communication with individuals’ families and correspondents, to ensure ongoing support for the resident.
DIRECT CARE/DIRECT SUPPORT:
Provides direct care and direct support services to individuals of the home including but not limited to:
- Provides instruction and supervision of individuals in completion of personal care, daily living, and community activities.
- Assists individuals in the pursuit of personal interest in the community, as well as, at the residence, including religious functions.
- Provides crisis intervention support services to individuals as needed or assigned.
- Maintains NYS Medication Administration Certification and administers medications as prescribed, as needed or assigned.
- Intervenes and reports any incidences or unusual occurrences as per policy/procedure. Ensures any immediate protective action is taken.
- Models appropriate interaction with the individuals.
Performs any other related duties assigned.
- Badge Access (Assigned location)
- E-mail (Internal account)
- Shared Drive (Residential)
- Time and Attendance System
- Training Management System
- Therap (Management access)
- Purchasing Software
- Maintenance Software
- Cell Phone (Basic level)
5/18; 3/19; 3/20; 7/20
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Grade 15/16/17, Non-exempt
The Resource Center is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship status, military status, domestic violence status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, physical or mental disability, any other category protected by law, or any other non-job related characteristic. As needed, The Resource Center will provide reasonable accommodations for disabilities to employees and applicants whenever such accommodation would not create an undue hardship or a safety concern in the conduct of TRC’s operations.
- Job Family TRC - Active - PFL/DBL Eligible
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $23.60
- Max Hiring Rate $30.05
- 862 Foote Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA