1504 - Self-Directed Community Habilitation - Self Determination Assistant
SELF DETERMINATION ASSISTANT
RESPONSIBLE TO: Individual/Individual & Family
FUNCTION: Creates the opportunity for the achievement of greater independence, integration, individualization, and productivity for people with developmental disabilities. Identifies and solidifies a variety of natural and community based relationships. Provides the necessary supports to empower people to be successful in environment of their choosing.
REQURED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated understanding of direct support tasks, skills and competencies. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. . Must be able to understand and adhere to established plans and protocols . Must be able to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing. Must be able to document and report in a clear, timely, and accurate manner. Must be well organized and able to multi-task. Must be reliable, flexible, and willing to meet the unique needs, interest and aspirations of the people we support. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the job, including, but not lifted to; moving, lifting, transferring, or repositioning individuals.
Must possess a High School diploma or GED. Experience with direct care and/or developmental disabilities is strongly preferred. Must be able to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist level without restriction or limitation. Valid NYS Drivers license with acceptable driving record per agency insurance carrier and use of personal vehicle for travel to multiple sites or equivalent accommodations is preferred.
Hours may vary depending on the needs of the person we support.
1. Assists people we support in establishing a variety of meaningful relationships.
2. Assists people we support with bathing/hygiene, grooming, dressing and toileting.
3. Assists people we support with transferring and walking
4. Assists people we support with feeding and prepares meals.
5. Assists people we support in using medical supplies and equipment, such as walkers or wheelchairs
6. Safely transport people we support to and from activities and/or appointments
7. Assists people we support with telephone/communication skills
8. Assists people we support with financial planning
9. Assists people we support with emergency evacuation planning and training
10. Other duties as assigned
07/13;03/2020; 07/2020THE RESOURCE CENTER
PTO/CAT 3 or PT
- Job Family TRC - Active - PFL/DBL Eligible
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $16.01
- Dunkirk, NY 14048, USA
- Jamestown, NY 14701, USA