TRC - HR - Assistant Director Tech/Specialized - Agency Admin
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR TECH/SPECIALIZED - JOB DESCRIPTION
FUNCTION: In close collaboration with the assigned Executive Management Team (EMT) liaison, provides leadership and support to ensure assigned areas of responsibility are Mission Focused, maximize operating performance, adhere to sound business and quality practices, and are in compliance with all applicable regulations. Assists EMT liaison with outcomes planning, supports the development of policies and procedures, ensures a healthy work culture and positively represents the organization at all times.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must possess excellent interpersonal and written/oral/presentation skills, including the ability to relate to and communicate with diverse stakeholders including customers, family members, peers, staff, governmental personnel, agency personnel, regulatory entities and the community at large. Working knowledge of business practices and procedures, including federal, state and local laws, in assigned area of responsibility. Sound analytical skills with the ability to interpret and synthesize data, identify trends, problem solve, and develop and oversee the implementation of action plans. Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility, including willingness to travel and work non-traditional hours as needed to carry out assigned responsibilities. Physical condition or reasonable accommodation(s) commensurate with the demands of the job.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field, plus two (2) years of comprehensive financial experience in business operations, one (1) of which must be administrative/supervisory in nature; OR Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field, plus four (4) years of comparable experience, two (2) of which must be supervisory in nature.
IDENTIFIED KEY COMPETENCIES: Dealing with Ambiguity, Organizational Agility, Process Management, Presentation Skills, Problem Solving, Negotiating, Composure and Business Acumen.
- Develops and supports initiatives to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of assigned operations and services.
- Prepares, implements and monitors business, operational, and financial plans to ensure financial stability in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Responsible to ensure procedures are in place in assigned areas of responsibility to promote compliance with agency policies and mitigate risk.
- Assists in the facilitation of pertinent communication and information sharing, both within and outside of the organization.
SUPERVISORY: Responsible for the administrative supervision of assigned staff, including but not limited to:
- Hiring, firing, discipline, performance evaluation, in-service education, training, development and support, and ensuring that there is an adequate number of staff to fulfill assigned responsibilities.
- Conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Ensuring the competency and professionalism of assigned staff.
- Ensuring that all services provided by the department adhere to federal and state laws and regulations governing personnel administration and policy and procedure.
SPECIFIC DUTIES: Refer to Appendix
- Commitment to Mission: Supports the Mission, Vision, Beliefs, policies, philosophies and outcomes of The Resource Center.
- Support for The Resource Center and Community: Involvement in organizations and activities which reflect and/or support The Resource Center mission/beliefs for purposes of creating public awareness, fund-raising, staff support and community involvement, including participation in The Resource Center-sponsored events and membership.
- Professionalism: Conducts oneself in an ethical, courteous, respectful and professional manner; promotes good working relationships with other departments, peers, The Resource Center staff members, family members and individuals we support. Maintains confidentiality.
- Corporate Compliance: Promotes and understands The Resource Center’s policy on corporate compliance to ensure a culture within the Organization that promotes prevention, detection and resolution of challenges.
- Commitment to Staff Development: Encourages and ensures an environment where staff can develop and advance professionally.
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Grade 22 – Entry/ Support
Grade 23 – Program
Grade 24 – Technical/ Licensed
- Job Family TRC - Active - PFL/DBL Eligible
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $69,222.40
- Max Hiring Rate $92,876.16
- 200 Dunham Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA