Mechanic Stevinson Toyota East
Stevinson Toyota East is seeking an experienced vehicle Mechanics, General and Apprentice Service Technicians to join their service team.
Previous Toyota technician experience preferred.
Compensation:$19.00-$40.00 per flag-rate hour based on certifications, experience, production bonuses, and other criteria achieved.
Work Hours: Full Time schedule as defined
Pay and Recognition:
- Paid holidays & paid time off
- New hires eligible for a sign on bonus up to $10,000
- Holiday match
Insurance / Retirement:
- Insurance: medical, vision, dental, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity plans
- Up to 12 weeks paid pregnancy leave or 1 week paternity leave
- Health savings
- Flex spending accounts (tax free)
- Short-term and Long-term disability plans
- Life Insurance (Whole Life and Term)
- 401k with company match
Learning and Career Development:
- Digital career path tool to assist with career development
- Continuous training through Asbury's Internal Learning Management System
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts parts and service repairs
- Scholarship opportunities
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives
- Aggressive Employee referral program with bonus opportunities
- Saturday lunches provided by dealership
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Functions as a skilled-level technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair and who has previously worked as a general service technician for three plus years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Ensures proper repair order documentation, i.e., complaint, cause and correction noted on every repair order with punch time for each operation.
- Reviews job status frequently, logging status and reporting any change in time or cost estimates to the appropriate service advisor and/or customer.
- Maintains an organized work in process through the dealership software system.
- Prepares estimates when required.
- Only flags a completed line on the repair order when the job is complete through the shop.
- Follows all warranty material disposition procedures.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Perform a quality multipoint inspection on every vehicle to include supporting documentation; i.e. photos/video
- Documents all work performed and recommended within the dealership technologies.
- Road test all vehicles and document exact out mileage.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or General Education degree (GED) in addition to 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- English language required, (Bilingual a plus)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening (background and drug.)
- Must be at least eighteen years of age
- Job Family Service
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, December 27, 2023
- 444 S Havana St, Aurora, CO 80012, USA