Mesa Ford Parts Warehouse Clerk
Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ Job Description
The Warehouse Clerk is expected to:
- Accurately, timely, and thoroughly assess receipt of all incoming merchandise to document and maintain accurate records.
- Seek ways to improve business operation efficiencies and customer service.
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful.
Reports to: Parts Manager
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maximize Production, Customer Service, and Profitability.
- Achieve company standards by maintaining stock records and bins to ensure quick, easy access and prompt service.
- Effectively and accurately distribute complete orders to customers while maintaining appropriate timelines to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Accurately review records of defective or damaged merchandise for proper completion of claims.
- Accurately and promptly process incoming stock orders, and customer returns to sustain a consistent workflow.
- Complete and maintain all Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ required training.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times and adhere to all OSHA/EPA requirements.
- Maintain employee, customer, and vendor confidence while protecting operations by exercising discretion when handling sensitive, confidential information.
- Assist in accurate and timely processing of customer payments.
- Maintain the ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
- Perform all other job duties as requested by management.
2. Operate with Integrity
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Maintain composure within the workplace and outside the workplace when interacting or representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships.
- Set an example of a positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Work performed in a dealership setting due to the necessity to work in person with employees, customers, and vendors and the location of parts inventory.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, reach, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and move about facilities.
- Required vision includes close vision, distance, peripheral, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to lift up to a minimum of 70lbs.
- Exposure to shop environments such as noise, dust, odors and fumes, chemicals, and adhesives.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions precedent at that time.
- Required to operate equipment and move vehicles in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintain regular attendance and timeliness as set forth within the work schedule designated by the department supervisor/manager.
- In general, this position is assigned regular business hours; however, it is typical to work more than 40 hours per week.
1. Education, Experience, and Certification/Training
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- 6 months or more related experience in a warehouse setting.
- Maintain valid OSHA Forklift Certification. If applicable.
- Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Learning Strategies- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Communication- Basic ability to read and write, ability to effectively convey information to others, apply active listening by taking the time to understand the points being made by employees and customers, being aware of others’ reactions, and understanding why they react as they do.
- Social Perceptiveness- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Information Ordering- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Knowledge of Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ current company management systems is desirable.
- Interacting with Computers- Using computers and computer systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required.
- English Language- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Customer and Personal Service- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Adaptability- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Selective Attention- Concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Interpersonal Skills- Maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
Leadership- Ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction while setting an example of ethical practices for all employees.
Compliance- Understanding of and adherence to all Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ standards, state and federal laws and regulations, as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies, or business partners.
Customer Service- Providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ processes, which promote efficiencies, fairness, and cost-effectiveness.
Ethics/Integrity- Representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships by conducting yourself in a professional and courteous manner that demonstrates integrity and avoids actual or perceived conflicts of interest while complying with company standards and business ethics.
Oral Communication- Clearly identifying and professionally expressing issues in positive or negative situations.
Planning/Organizing- Prioritizing and planning work activities and using time effectively.
Quality- Demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness and monitoring your work to ensure quality.
Dependability- Consistent, punctual attendance at work; following instructions; responding to management direction and soliciting feedback to improve performance.
Time Management- The ability to integrate methods of time management to provide a consistent and effective workflow that is cohesive for the department and team.
Safety and Security- Observing safety and security procedures and using equipment and materials properly.
Company management reserves the right to add to, change or retract portions of this job description. Employee is required to adhere to the qualifications, duties, and conditions of any revised job description.
- Job Family AUTO-Parts Department
- Pay Type Hourly
- 460 E Auto Center Dr, Mesa, AZ 85204, USA